News from the front.
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks up*

Whatever sway I have is at your disposal Llyshon.
Rowen Kane
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Rowen Kane »

*Rowen picks his head up ever so slowly as if it weighed ten thousand pounds*

hey llyshon you can count me inn too, i dont have much in the pull with politics , butt i can always find a way to get info if its needed.

*rowen take a look around for his mug and pass's out once more*
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*standing behind the bar arms crossed*
"If you claim Midway as your 'residence' I could probly see to it that papers are drawn up that you are under the protection of the Thane."

"I know Solari, Twilight, and Vaellar at least wont have any problems."
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari looks at Sylas with a confused look on his face*
I don't know about those other two but I don't plan on going back to Midway as a residence any time soon.
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

"As you wish, Citizens are free to come and go as they please.."

"Are you not a 'land holding citizen'?"

*winks at Solari*
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

"Land holding seems to be debatable at this point, since the land we had been granted is within Ulric's gift."
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

"Details."
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Sir Llyshon shrugs* "You can list Midway as a residence but stay here. It's splitting hairs really, and as long as the Baron has no objections it doesn't matter. Of course, given that your taxes would go to the Baron, I don't see why he would object."

*He looks at Kathryn, then Kimberlyn, and finally Kane* "I will gladly accept the help you have to offer. If my time as a squire has taught me anything, it has taught me that I sometimes have acted as if I knew all the answers and needed no one's help. *He chuckles and glances specifically at Solari and then Sylas* "I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with friends who knew otherwise. I would hope you two would be involved in our discussions as well."

*Without waiting for an answer, Sir Llyshon walks over to Darthesis and leans in towards him. He holds out his fist and speaks to the man in low tones.*
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Watches Solari's and Sylas's exchange and doesn't look exactly pleased but takes a deep breath before speaking.*

Solari, Sylas is trying very hard to help you and make certain some idiot like Fuller doesn't decide to harm you. Take his help...please.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis nods slightly to Llyshon and leaves the room quickly.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Solari Son of the Mother

*After Sylas reminds Solari about the land*
Oh yes yes, I had forgotten the citizen part that came with the land. If Silvethorne still claims this land as part of the kingdom then to the crown I'm still a citizen. Thanks for the reminder Sylas, I was hoping that there would be a way that I could stay here and make sure that the Red Tear didn't swoop in and not become hunted for treason.

*Nods slightly to Llyshon*
of course, Sir, I know that none of us wants what we experienced in that land for Phantara. And I know in the end we will all work toward the best way to ensure that as long as it doesn't go against our other tightly held beliefs.

*Solari looks quzzically at Kimberlyn*
If someone like Fuller decided to harm me what is there to stop him? In Silverthorne's heirarchy he may be given a trial because I happen to be a citizen but even so, he's an apparently respected general and I'm a nuisance at times. I don't see any member of Devris that would preside over that trial punishing him for doing what he saw as necessary. He's currently not even being punished for doing as horrible a JOB as possible at what he was supposed to be good at so excuse me if my faith in the justness and competence of the Silverthorne heirarchy may be somewhat shaken at the time.

In truth, somone with the ability to do so should look into what I said earlier. If the Red Tear could infiltrate and basically run the asylum here I don't see why they wouldn't try and control the person that Silverthorne has sent here to hold these lands and fight them off. If I were them I certainly would.
*Gives Kimberlyn a small smile*
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn gives Solari a cunning smile back*

Trust me...I plan on checking this Fuller guy out in addition to many other matters. I also have designs on bringing certain people to justice who tried to have me killed and succeeded in destroying many others who were like me. The individual or individuals will find out making certain that litch didn't succeed is the biggest mistake ever made.

*Looks at Llyshon and Aroura and takes a very long drink of her beverage as if attempting to calm herself.*
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Sir Llyshon looks to Solari*

"Where we differ on Fuller is our thoughts on the justness and competency of the system to remove him. If the King knew what we know about Fuller, I have no doubt he would be removed immediately. But whatever his shortcomings on the field, Fuller has real skill in political maneuvering. He downplayed our non-aggression pact with the Kunapan, did not tell his superiors that it was a binding pact, and justified his attack on them by creating fear. The Kunapan were sending reinforcements, I believe 100,000 in number. Fuller presented their society as being untrustworthy, and told the King that those reinforcements were an invasion force and that the Kunapan were planning on betraying us. We were gone and no there was no one to gainsay him. He was believed."

"I think Fuller believed it himself. His previous actions towards the Kunapan show that he does not understand the finer points of diplomacy. He was afraid that the Kunapan would betray us, so he struck first."

"Again, had we been present, we could have reacted swiftly by disseminating the right information. The King and his advisors only know what is happening through reports they receive from the field. We were among the few people who knew the true nature of the Kunapan and the details of that non-aggression pact, and we were gone. When I told Prince Greyston about everything and explained to him how grievous Fuller's error was, he was very upset. But if a society removed a sitting general from his position solely on the word of a few people with no proof... would that be any better? He needs proof before he can act."

"This is politics, and human nature. People deceive and lie, or are ignorant and arrogant in any society, even the Wood Elven. Poor leaders sometimes stay on well past when they should be forced out... even in Wood Elven society. I have no doubt that without our intervention Fuller eventually he would be removed. After all, you can only fool people for so long, and The King is already very displeased with the General's losses. However we can ill afford to wait for that to happen. So one of the things that we can do is to provide The King and his advisers with information about what is really happening."

"Politics takes time. I have not been idle, but we've only been back a few months and until two months ago when I was knighted, I had very little real political sway. The voice of a squire carries very little weight. But now... my voice is far louder... especially when bolstered by the truth."

*Sir Llyshon chuckles* "We must be patient. Strange that I, of all people, am advising another on patience. Stranger still that a human should speak of patience to an elf."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Solari Son of the Mother

*Solari smiles at Llyshon*
I never said I didn't have faith in my friends to see this through to it's just end.