Making our move
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn does a double take, but doesn't say anything. She takes a careful look at the ga'vin before her.* (OOC: Sense Magic Level 10)
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*At Solari's comment about the noose, Llyshon laughs, a wide grin splitting his face, and he shakes his head again.* "Well... now that would be coming full circle, wouldn't it?" *He looks from Darthesis to Rooks, to Sylas (and blinks in surprise as he disappears), and then back to Solari as each speak, and nods in agreement. "Yes, the King will want to keep his claim to this land, and in truth I can think of no better steward. Although I do not think it is unheard of that a ruler would be willing to cede part of a land that he has difficulty controlling in exchange for treaties or assurances, especially given our tactical disadvantage." *His mouth forms a tight-lipped grin* "I suppose that with the help of Baron Von Droven, I might be able to make a case that our reason for staying here is to secure King Silverthorne's claim on this land and protect it from Red Tear skirmishers."

"I am a Knight of the Crown, a baron-level appointment, and one of the duties expected of me is to found and administer a Knight Outpost in this area of the Kingdom because the Tarragon outpost was destroyed. I can push for a Knight Outpost to be founded near Legacy. Knights are particularly well armed and armored, and an outpost is a small fortress which is staffed and well guarded. The livery of the guards is different than that of traditional Silverthorne troops, and as such they would not likely be attacked by Woods Father. It would legitimize our continued presence to Silverthorne, provide us and the essence magi no small degree of protection, establish supply lines in preparation for a combined military force, as well as allow for an acceptable, but not overwhelming military representation." *Llyshon looks over at Darthesis as he finishes speaking,* "Not to mention that it would be a boost to the economy. I am certain that there will be a great need for information and intelligence that the Knighthood would be unable to gather on our own."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

All well said, but if we are truly going to be 'setting up shop' forward of the front lines of Silverthorn, that would be the greatest of stupidity. We'll need to know where these lines are now and where they will be in the short term.

I can get excellent information on where they are now, and reasonable information about the future, but in battle nothing is certain so soothsaying the future of the battle is a very insecure proposition.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

*in response to llyshon about the knights*

an outpost? but Master Llyshon, where would these knights come from? is it that all available knights were not at the front lines to fight these wars, excluding those forces that remain within silverthorn to maintain the kingdom.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn looks at Darthesis and Llyshon*

I could also see from my contacts where the main force of troops are. As for the future, much is uncertain.

*She looks at Llyshon*

This will allow certain individuals to realize I'm not dead yet but as I stated about that they can come and find me for I'm ready for a little payback.
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Chuckles and nods to Darthesis* "I appreciate your candor.Yes, depending on the facts on the ground it may indeed be stupid. A lone outpost would be quickly annihilated, just as we would be annihilated, by any significant force from the Red Tear. And it is doubtful that the essence magi would like such an idea as it would hardly make this place neutral."

"But then we are back to our presence here. If we are operating under Silverthorne law, especially if I and the other humans are here, then we are representatives of Silverthorne. This may prove problematic if the essence magi's stated aim is to use this place as neutral ground for talks between the Kunapan, Avyanna, and Silverthorne."

"But we could go back and forth with each other for days like this. We need information. We first need to ascertain the field strength and makeup of Ryphisto's forces. Darthesis, can you come up with a price-tag for that information?"

*Llyshon looks to Zen* "Sir Llyshon" *he states, gently correcting*. "That is a discussion I will have to have with my superior. I know that there are already plans underway for me to establish an outpost and take command. Given our current circumstances I have not yet had the opportunity to learn details. At any rate, we are on the front lines, and the Knights need an outpost from which to operate. I am assuming I will be sent some Knights of the Sword as well as a staff of guardsmen, blacksmiths, a mage guild member, and other necessities, supplies permitting."
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

And just so you know Zen, Knights are responsibility for the security of the Kingdom, not necessarily the front line operations, that is for the army itself. The knights exist outside this military organization for many reasons, only some of which they really wish widely know. Like the mage hunters, these specially trained people have their place, and not everyone's place is on the front line.

I for example, and not the best choice for the front line of anything.

Llyshon, I'll discuss a few options with you here in private.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Leans over to Llyshon and whispers in his ear.*
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*Rooks set his, and five other mugs on the bars. He fills them one by one*

"Feel free to help.... Well i for one find my existence this far past the safety of any kingdom i hold allegiance with troublesome. On our way back i saw no change in the silverthorne lines, they seem to be held up at the pass, this side of the mountain."

*Rooks downs the rest of his mug and reaches or a second*
Rooks Bloodsinger Reayvalynn
Destined
Grand Magi
Lightbringer
Grand Sky Marshall
Mountain Slayer
Diplomat to Alleria
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Member of the Scribes guild
Councilman of the Mages guild
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon sighs heavily*

"Yes, and it would be quite a stretch to extend the security mandate to include a piece of land that is in contention militarily, which would be why I would need the Baron's help, if even he could help me."

"I am only newly come to my position. I will need to discuss this matter with Sir Frederick and other Knights to figure out our options and limitations politically.As Rooks stated, we are all in danger being this far forward. Yes, we could hold off a small attack, but should the Tear strike in force we would all flee or die. The best help that I can offer is simply the influence required for an audience with high level officials and diplomats advising the King."
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Archian
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Archian »

*looks to Lyshon*

If you need anyplace scouted out, just point the way.

-Aldrin
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick speaks up*

I have been thinking, what are our plans to make peace with the Avayna and the lizard folk?

The way I see it, we have lost all honor with the lizard folk and before any all peace treaties can be forged, we need to regain our honor back with them. Has anybody researched in their culture and find out how this might be done? And has anybody looked into how they make peace treaties? I think we need to understand them some what before we try to approach them.

As for the Avayna, I have no clue. Maybe some research into their culture will provide some insight’s into how a peace treaties or an alliance can be forged with them. But I have a feeling it will be an uphill battle with them because of the attack on their king last moon. I have heard rumors that one of the ideas is to kill their king to free the repressed populace. Are we sure the ruling class will be willing to forge an alliance after that or will they go on the war path.

Maybe the town can hire Darthesis to find some of these answers
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Mayhap I already have the answers on the kunapan culture if necessary. I can get specific information that is necessary to backup what I already know of course.

As for the Avyana that is a much more expensive proposition given the the closed nature of their society but some we know will have the basics known and I can get specific pieces of information to add onto that.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Chuckles at Kimberlyn's whispered comment and nods slightly to her. He glances over at Darthesis* "I feel comfortable with the information we already have about the Kunapan. But you and I do need to discuss other matters in private."

*He looks at Edrick* "We know quite a bit about Kunapan culture and dealings. Enough for us to make amends with them, I think. At least I have an idea of how to do that... but it is a matter best left for closed door discussions. As for the Avyanna, there will be no peace with them as long as their King still rules.*
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

*finishes what he was writing

*stands up and packs away his things

Well I must be off soon so I can get back to work on a few of my projects.

Darthesis I will be needing to take a look at your writ before I leave.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.