Dwarf Clan Story?
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

NPC2

Dwarf Clan Story?

Post by NPC2 »

<A tiny Guthrie tucks between someone's legs and makes it to the bar. After some effort, the little boy Guthrie pulls himself up on the bar stool, and from there climbs up to the counter. A foot and a half tall cat person jumps up to the counter as well.>

"Hey! I'm Nibbly."

"I'm looking for the dorf pro...propry..., the dorf beer giver."

"Me da sent me. He says me know nothin' 'bout dorfs."

"Me ahweddy know plenty. Dorfs big, and wear heavy muttel, and swing gwate big ax-wez. Dorfs are big, and round, and groompy if they spill them's ale. See - me knows plenty ahweddy."

"Me da says me needs to knows 'bout Dorf Clans. Waz a Clan?"

"Come on, you'ze can tell me."

"Tell me, tell me. Waz a Clan? Whose many Clanz? Huh, huh?"
Bombour Stoutbringer
The Barkeep
The Barkeep

Bombour replies

Post by Bombour Stoutbringer »

Bombour pours a huge drink for himslef and Nibbley the Guthrie.

"Well met little friend. And here's a drink for you as well. Let me answer your questions one at a time. There are 9 Clans with 2 that are not part of the Dwarven Kingdom. You call them Sea and wild Dwarves. There was once a 12th Clan, but no one is sure what happened to them. "

"Let me think about how to answer you other questions for a while. If you have no where to go, that is."

(OOG: I cannot tackle this at work. time involved, the crappy internet speed at work, (Screw the IT Departmant) and lack of notes here with me. )

Bombour
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."

Bombour Stoutbringer Kings-Brewer of the Draconis Clan

Head of the Foodstuff & Brewers Guild
Head of the Luxury Items Guild
Bombour Stoutbringer
The Barkeep
The Barkeep

These are the names of the clans

"These are the nine clans as I learned them. There are nine Dwarven Clans. They are: .Draconis Clan from whom the King is always chosen. The Heldrummer Clan who are the Kings diplomats Diplomats, the Helmsplitter Clan who are the warrior of the King, the Thunderforge Clan who make the armor and weapons for the King, the Alemaker Clan who do the brewing and healing potions for the King, the Bloodsinger Clan, who have the responsibility of preserving the stories and legends for the King, Gemthrower Clan, who are the merchants for the King, the Earthspliters are the minors and stone cutters for the King, and the Helfurie Clan who
provide security for the King and other leaders, and serve as messengers at times.
Those you call Sea Dwarves were once a clan of the Kingdom who traveled on the water, and the Wild Dwarves were once our woodsmen. There was a Great Disagreement centuries ago and they decided to split and go their own way.

All Clans have their weapon that they will follow into battle, and Each Clan Cheif has one of extrordinary power, that represents the best qualitiy of the Clan. For instance the Thunderforger Clan uses Hammers, and the Earthspliters use a pick axe.
These weapons are the true possesions of the Dwarves and it is siad that none can truely wield them but those whose hands they were made for.
None of the weapons have ever ben lost to outsiders. For their hands could not wield them.

Just a small warning about the Helfuries. All non-Dwarves should aviod then if at all possible. They view outsiders as a threat to the Kingdom, and may sometimes act accordingly."

Bombour Drinks.

Post by Guest »

*a dark figure stirs, as Information begins to pass*

"If I may be so bold as to ask, Master Brewer. As a member of House Toevas I would dearly like to hear of this 'Lost 12th Clan'
What can you tell us of your missing brethren?"
Bombour Stoutbringer
The Barkeep
The Barkeep

Bombour Speaks

Bombour hands Messenja and Nibbly a drink and speaks again:

"Of the lost Clan I have no news. They left us so long ago that they have gone right out of all but our oldest songs. And I am no Singer, no matter how much I may like to think I am. You will need to find a Bloodsinger and then convince him to let an Outsider like you to hear his songs."

Bombour

Post by Guest »

*concidering his words carefully*

"Then perhaps you could tell me of the Bloodsingers? So that I may know how to speak to them when I do. Even Outsiders receive fair treatment when the proprieties are observed. Am I right Master Brewer?"
Raven
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Dancing in the shadows of twilight...or behind thee

Post by Raven »

Raven stirs from the dark corner where she has been listening.

"Master dwarf, if thee are ever in the mood to speak of thy people or thy homeland I would most respectfully listen. I have heard there are ties between Caledonia and the dwarven people. I have always been curious about other races but now I would wish to pay honor to thine, especially as I am to be linked to Caledonia it would seem...."

She smiles shyly, yet mysteriously.
"...in moonlight and shadow..."
Bombour Stoutbringer
The Barkeep
The Barkeep

Home?

"I don't often speak of my people. That may sound strange, but I find it is better to keep my mind on where I am, and the folks I'm with. Otherwise I get a bit lonely for the Kingdom, and start wanting to leave here and return home. And that just depresses me. And a depressed bar-keep is not a good thing."

Bombour Drinks...

Raven
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Dancing in the shadows of twilight...or behind thee

Post by Raven »

She smiles gently.

"I understand...at least partly. I am lonely for my people as well...but they are mostly gone. Think no more of it. I prefer a happy Bombour. If it is ever needed though, thee have my ear."
"...in moonlight and shadow..."