Mary makes an announcement
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Mary makes an announcement

Post by Mary Baker »

(Mary stands up and clears her throat.)

I would like to tell you all something right now. I hope that this does not come out the wrong way, because it is my intention to shed some light on things that may be confusing.
(Reads from a piece of parchment)

This past Saturday, Gentlewoman Kathryn Skress, appointed me into the House of DeVries as a magistrate. I will be helping Gentlewoman Wren to attend to the needs of the town and our house. From this point you may hear my name being called as Magistrate Maria Rocinante-Noneius. Although this name may seem a stranger to you, please be assured that I am still the same Mary Baker you have always known.

My birth name was Maria Rocinante and true it was that my Uncle's name was Antonio. I am/was a baker by trade. With the passing of my uncle I realized that hiding from the duties of a family such as ours was not honorable. We Rocinantes have always held positions of leadership in some form, and I now, take my turn. I hope that I may have learned enough from family and friends to do the best for my community that I can. In this way I serve.