Bloodmoon and the General
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Bloodmoon and the General

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Some time after the events that unfolded outside the Inn, Llyshon strides into the common room and walks towards the front. He addresses everyone, "I have just spoken with the Knights. I have been informed that General Fuller has decided to hold position here, and to prepare for the Kunapan onslaught. There will be no attack on the Red Tear."

*He looks around the room and folds his arms in front of his chest* "It appears that the General listened to our pleas, and that his idea to attack the Red Tear was an idea only... and one that he abandoned over the objections of the townspeople."

"As good as this news is, I have something that I wish to discuss with all of you, and I pray that you will consider what I have to say."

"Some of you have accused the General of treason. I have assurances from the Knighthood that he, and other Nobles of his station and power, are regularly tested for all manner of charms, toxins, magical ensarements and the like. He is not under the influence of any charm or potion, nor do I think the man is working with the Tear in any way. I would caution against anyone using the word "treason" to describe anybody. I do understand why some have questioned him, especially given the stakes here, and I do not wish for people to curtail their speech. However, it would be well for all of us to remember that the General IS a noble, and if the wrong person were to hear someone make such charges..." *Llyshon trails off, but the meaning behind the words is clear*

*After a moment, Llyshon continues* "General Fuller makes his decisions with the help of a council comprised of Knights and two of the Baron's finest captains. It is my belief that these men provide a good balance for Fuller's pride and overconfidence. While any decision regarding troop movements is Fuller's and Fuller's alone to make, I have been told that he DOES listen to those who advise him, and I would remind you all that he DID come to Legacy to ask for advice... albeit in his own way."

*Llyshon uncrosses his arm and his gaze moves from one person to the next, slowly* "Pragmatism is needed here. Removing the General would be impossible. We are stuck with him, for good or ill. We will need to do everything within our power to have his good will in the hopes that we will be able to persuade him in the future should he suggest another idea that we know would be catastrophic. This calls for political delicacy. Insulting or mocking the General, as was done outside the inn, may mean that he will CEASE to come to us. However idiotic his ideas may sound, for us to have influence with the General, we need to choose our words carefully."

"I do not like the General any more than any of you. However, I would submit that the WORST POSSIBLE scenario is that the General will stop asking our advice and begin to make decisions on his own. It is not my intention to call anybody out. I myself have said some unflattering things about the man, and I certainly will not report anything said about him in confidence."

"I know that all of you care deeply for Legacy and for the war. I was as horrified as you all were with his actions at delegation to the Kunapan. I know that Rooks, Klogg, and Chronixx went to great pains to arrange that meeting. But as Rooks said, in the interest of survival we need to place all of our egos aside."

"If you are able to do that, then I would ask that some of us, along with the Thane, go to the General and thank him for listening to our advice, and apologize for any insult that he perceived from us. Those who go will have to have a thick skin and be willing to put up with a certain amount of grandstanding. But it is a small price to pay for the welfare of Legacy, and quite possibly, all of Silverthorne."

*He looks around the room again* "What say you?"
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***