Delegation to the Kunapan
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Delegation to the Kunapan

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The Silverthorne delegation gathers the following morning. General Fuller, Sir Fredrick, Captain Greggor, and a dozen soldiers make up the military representatives, while Thane Fitz-Droven, Edrick Stormbane, Llyshon, and Chronixxx represent the towns of Legacy and Shepherd’s Down. Klog and Rooks could not be contacted in the short time available. Four Silverthorne Battlemages stand ready to depart with the group.

They cast their spells, and everyone soon finds themselves in a different land. To the west, dust rises high on the horizon over a mass of reptilian soldiers stretching from the distance to a mere hundred yards away. Their front lines quickly form up and begin to surge forward, but hissing commands bring the Kunapan warriors to a halt. They reform to create a corridor deep into the army’s ranks, the soldiers lining up six deep on either side.

General Fuller gives a sharp nod as he appraises the reception. “Seems at least one of these geckos can recognize a diplomatic contingent when they see one. Right-oh! Step lively now!”

Sir Fredrick’s eyes narrow. “If we are to conduct affairs at the heart of their army, we had best be able to leave very quickly should negotiations go sour.”

Captain Greggor grunts. “Men, form up around the mages! If the lizards attack, keep them safe until they can work their mojo!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick follows orders and takes a defensive postion around the mages.*
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon surveys the landscape, frowning at the sight of the lizardman army. He glances first to the general, then to Sir Frederick as they speak in turn, and bows respectfully toward the Knight and the General* "Sir Frederick", "General." he states quietly. He looks around the gathered dignitaries and speaks, "It would be wise to assume that the Kunapan are able to understand our tongue and adjust our speech accordingly. Surrounded as we are, it would be well to exercise politeness and formality. There is no need to unnecessarily anger our host. It seems that I might remember some things about the formalities of treating with the Kunapan. If you will hear me, I will instruct you as we make our way to their commanders. (OOG: I am spending twelve points of lore to find out everything I can about Kunapan customs in this situation, such as gestures or body postures that they may find offensive, the proper way to greet the commanders of the army we are about to meet, and the way in which treaties are typically negotiated.)

*Llyshon is careful to take up position directly to the right of the Thane and remains there as he begins telling the assembled party what he knows about the Kunapan.* (OOG: Just assume that I am telling the party everything that my lore expenditure allows).
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Llyshon can recall nothing of the Kunapan directly, but takes note of customs of other lizardmen tribes and similar beast-like races. He passes along key notes about keeping hands visible (so they can see where their ‘claws’ at all times) and teeth hidden. The delegation proceeds through the ranks of lizard warriors. Each member feels the probing effects of Sense Magic spells several times. Finally they come before a particularly large lizardman in ornate armor, with several robed and bejeweled lizardfolk standing close behind. As the delegation stops, the large lizard nods to Chronixxx, then turns to Llyshon.

As he speaks, his lips do not move with his words, which echo faintly under the effects of magical translation. “I, Warmaster Skarr of the Kunapan Legions, stand ready to receive your pleas for mercy, in the name of the Ascendancy and the Triumverant.”

Before Llyshon can reply, a red-faced General Fuller steps forward and blurts, “Pleas? PLEAS?! You stupid reptile! You can’t even tell that you’re addressing a simple squire rather than a proper general! Surely –“

“DIPLOMACY, GENERAL! PLEASE!” Sir Fredrick places a cautionary hand on Fuller’s shoulder.

Eyes slitted, Warmaster Skarr crouches low with barred fangs as he again speaks to Llyshon in the magically translated voice. “What is this lowly skirmisher blathering about?! If he wishes to challenge, I gladly accept!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

(OOG Check the other thread please and let me know if Solari would have been allowed to come along)
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick watchs the talks in his black spiked armor. His weapons are stowed away on his back and hip. He holds his shield off his arm and resting in front of him on. He holds onto the shield with 2 hands showing all his gloved fingers to the Kunapan.
Edrick scans the area for threats. Sense magic 1 (can sense magic traps), traps 8, search 5.
He says nothing*
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon does not react to the General's outburst, but keeps his gaze trained coolly on the ornately armored lizardman. He speaks immediately after the lizardman, and his voice is calm and measured. As he talks he is careful to keep his hands visible (he wears no weapons), and his teeth from showing* "I, Squire Llyshon Al'Corrin of the Kingdom of Silverthorne acknowledge you, Warmaster Skarr. Among my people, leadership is not chosen based upon strength or skill in magic, although that ability is highly prized. These men, General Fuller and Sir Frederick" *he nods to General Fuller and Sir Frederick each in turn* "are what your people would call Warmasters. Though I have achieved great skill in magic, I have set aside my rank, so that I may one day become as Sir Frederick" *he motions to the knight*.

"General Fuller did not understand why you addressed me first, as he is a Warmaster, and I am not. He spoke in surprise, but not in challenge. Misunderstandings may sometimes occur among two great peoples who meet each other for the first time and are unfamiliar with the customs of the other."

"Among my people it is a custom, and considered a sign of respect and honor to send people who have skill in speech and diplomacy with our Warmasters. With General Fuller's permission, and your consent, I will introduce those who have come with our Warmaster to honor you." *Llyshon steps back a few paces so as to open a space between himself and the lizardman, and include Sir Frederick and General Fuller in the conversational space*
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Edrick detects magic from the Warmaster and the robed Kunapan behind him.

Skarr straightens up and barks his laughter. “This? This elder soft-flesh is your commander? While he may carry enchanted items, he, himself, contains not a drop of magic! Even his title translates as ‘common’!” He leans in close to Fuller, his scorn plain even through his altered voice. “I find you abysmally unimpressive.”

The General stiffens, anger etched on his red face. “I am General Fuller of the Kingdom of Silverthorne, Supreme Commander of His Majesty’s army West of the Chaos Mountains! Trust that you shall not only impressed should you continue your march East, but overwhelmed with terror as the might of our military crushes you under heel!”

Skarr pulls back, his lips pulling back in a smile. “I look forward to the battle, though I must doubt it will be a worthy fight.”

Ivan clears his throat. “Pardon me, but our real aim here is to prevent anyone from dying on either side. I am Thane Fitz-Droven of the town of Legacy. The, ah, civilian leader of the Kingdom’s lands West of the Chaos Mountains. We came to you not to provoke you,” He gives a cautionary glance to Fuller, “but to determine your intentions and to assure you we have no intentions of war with you and yours. In fact, we’d like to propose –“

“You are weak.”

Skarr’s words catch Fitz-Droven completely off guard. “I- I’m sorry? We merely wish to avoid war between our peoples.”

“Because you are cowards.”

Fitz-Droven paused, carefully considering what to say next.
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon's lip curl backwards, baring his teeth. He takes two steps towards the Warmaster, and he hisses softly, "Cowards you call us? Weak? We are neither." *He steps further towards the lizardman, his voice a low growl, "We do not seek peace because we fear you. We seek peace because we see a stong ally against the black tide of the necromancers... those who would corrupt us all and plunge us into the darkness of Shri Illi 'Anguin. But it is clear that you do not know strength when it is here to be seen. Very well... if words of parlay will not assuage you, then I will show you strength."

*In an instant, Llyshon's body mutates. His skin becomes thick hard rock laced with fissures of glowing magma. An aura of flame wreaths him, and crackles of lightning begin weaving across his skin.* "I am but a lowly skirmisher, yet your words sound a challenge to me." *His lips part in a slight smile* "Do you wish to challenge me, Warmaster Skarr? For I will gladly accept!"
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

(OOG: Still waiting to hear if Solari is in the group... just a reminder)
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

*crhonixxx hearing all the silly humans talk cups his forehead in his hand. stands back one step and continues to listen to the foolish human diplomacy.*

*when lyshon transforms into his elemental state chronixxx looks up at him and gives a slight sigh.*

*chronixxx then looks at Skarr and speaks to him in lizardman so the humans cant understand*

*"great warmaster Skarr. It seems that my attempts to bring a real diplomatic party have failed. I did not choose to bring such non-battle hardened humans with me to greet the great and powerful kunapan. These human leaders were coming to you with or without me. And i know that they do not see the ever powerful Kunapan as the great empire it should be seen as. There is war brewing and these humans will no doubt be just a small stream to cross in the path of the everlasting Kunapan. The greatest battle for the Kunapan is not with the humans but with the Undead to the North. The Undead army almost triple the Kunapan in numbers and grow stronger with every minute. If you do choose to crush the humans I ask that you first fight the undead first. For i will be there right next the great warmasters of the kunapan destroying that which does not belong on this world."*

*when a human asks crhonixxx what he was speaking of he replys*

"we were simply continuing our discussion of whether a sword or mace is better against undead."
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

(OOG: Solari was given the go-ahead in the other thread)

“Three times our number!?” Skarr smiles broadly. “For generations has the Ascendancy stood idle. Suddenly we are blessed with not just one great war, but two.”

He studies Llyshon’s new form. “By word and deed have your revealed yourself the true Warmaster of the Silverthornes, as I expected. Your treachery is unveiled, and thus are forfeited even the slightest of courtesies. My troops will pave the way to glorious battle by removing you honorless humans from the path of our legions!”

One of the robed Kunapan speaks up from behind. “The humans have spoken truthfully, Warmaster. That one (She points a taloned finger at General Fuller) is indeed their military leader, contrary to all evidence.”

Skarr swings his head over to Fuller. “Worthless! Pathetic! You are beneath your skirmishers.”

Sharp intakes of breath come from the surrounding lizardmen, as does hissing laughter.

Ignoring the General’s string of curses, insults and protests, Skarr turns to Chronixxx.

“I would have enjoyed fighting alongside you, Chronixxx, though the Kunapan need no ones help. All that has stood between the Ascendancy and its destiny have always been obliterated. The Legion is absolute.”

“I cannot understand how an honorable warrior such as yourself became allied to such pitiful dogs, but so be it. Fighting against you will be of greater honor than fighting with you. When battle is joined, come seek me out. I will ensure you a worthy death.”

He now addresses the entire delegation. “Leave now, less we devour you where you stand!”
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

A Flying Boat?!?!?!

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*in the distance, from the clouds all can see a boat descend to a height of a few hundred feet in the air. Two shapes shortly after depart from said boat and with haste head towards Cronixxx*

"Sorry Cronixxx, my fathers health has greatly delayed my travels... but none the less." *Rooks turns to Skarr and offers his claws. Glances around and becomes wide eyed* "Oh my... this has become quite escalated hasn't it... yes... this is why we requested simply one delegate from silverthorne i think." *chuckles* "So wait now Skarr, we spoke extensively last moon, and i did everything i could to explain the... structure of this kingdom of which we spoke of. So i make one request... bring forth the once open mind you had a moon ago, and let those who deserve to speak to your race of greatness and war speak. *looks back towards the amassed group, then back to Skarr* "You of anyone of your people should realize the fangs this pup has shown to your kind means nothing. He barks, so that others may bite, as he has been trained." *Rooks takes a brief pause from he speech and looks to Chronixxx and Klogg*
Rooks Bloodsinger Reayvalynn
Destined
Grand Magi
Lightbringer
Grand Sky Marshall
Mountain Slayer
Diplomat to Alleria
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Member of the Scribes guild
Councilman of the Mages guild
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon reverts back to human form, any trace of anger or hostility gone from him. He looks over to Chronixxx and then Rooks and some relief is evident in his face. Drawing a deep breath, Llyshon speaks* "Rooks speaks rightly. I misunderstood your words to be a challenge for us to show strength so that we might treat as equals. I did not understand the greatness that is the Kunapan and its army, and that any such display would be as nothing to you. I plea for your understanding and your mercy."
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

“I would have enjoyed fighting alongside you, Chronixxx, though the Kunapan need no ones help. All that has stood between the Ascendancy and its destiny have always been obliterated. The Legion is absolute.”

“I cannot understand how an honorable warrior such as yourself became allied to such pitiful dogs, but so be it. Fighting against you will be of greater honor than fighting with you. When battle is joined, come seek me out. I will ensure you a worthy death.”
[in lizardman of course] to Skarr*" I do know that the kunapan need no help. I as yourself would enjoy fighting with another that I can deem as an equal or even better then I.

I cant say I am allied with pitiful dogs more like care taking. For the most part these humans provide some of the greatest fights. They just seem to draw powerful opponents and they pay well. Care taking them has brought me many great battles and great treasures. I'm sure more battles and treasures are to to come.

When the time comes I will seek you out and it will be a grand combat indeed. But let it be known i fight for the battle not for the human cause"*

to Rooks

"I hope to hear that your father is doing well. I am glad you made it in time. As you can see things haven't quite started off on the right foot. Well lets hope that we can turn this around and not have any more 'flare' ups."
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai