Where's Nerezza?
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Where's Nerezza?

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The three rescued drakes that hang out at the Inn (now about 20 feet long) have started going out and hunting on thier own in recent moons. At least, the red and black ones have. The green drake seems mostly to sleep, and apparently eats no more.

But one morning the black and red drakes set out for a meal, and the black one never returned.
Last edited by X-GM Fesko on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*Vaellar wanders over to the Red Drake*

"Excuse me, Do you know where Nerezza is? Last I saw she went out hunting with you and has not returned?"
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Rowen snakes his head around to face Vaellar. "Nerezza and I do not hunt as one. I have not seen her since we parted ways at dawn."

He closes his eyes briefly in concentration, the opens them again with a sigh. "She often cloaks her mind from myself and Orane, and I fear now is no different. I cannot discern her location."
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

"Thank you Rowen. I will attempt to contact her via a whisperwind spell to see if she is alright."

*Vaellar casts a spell and a small gust of wind appears at his side, he whispers a few words into it and then it flies off*

(Message: Nerezza, are you well? I am worried about you. V )
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The wisp of air whisks away, seeking Nerezza within the Legacy area.
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

Rowan...I wanted to ask you about your sister. Is she well? I haven't noticed her going out on the hunt with yourself and Nereeza, and am worried about her health.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Orane lifts her head from where she is curled in the corner.

"I do not enjoy hunting, and prefer to take my sustenance directly from Phanterra."

Rowan snorts. "And thus she sacrifices the joys of consumption. Truely I shall never fathom her reasoning."
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Nyrhtak appears puzzled.

My apologies dear one, I did not realize you were awake. I am not certain that I understand what you mean when you state that you take your sustenance directly from Phanterra. Do you mean to say that you are eating plants?

Nyrhtak turns a stern gaze to Rowan

While the hunt can be thrilling, mind yourself that you do not indulge too much pleasure in it. The hunt is for sustenance and is not a game. Whenever you leave the confines of your home, you are left vulnerable, and there are those who would hunt you as a game. More so, there are those who are like you that hunt those like me as a game. I would hate to learn that you have found so much pleasure in the hunt that you seek more of a challenge, and thereby begin hunting those akin to myself. This would be most disappointing indeed. I cherish the two of you dearest ones, and whilest I honor your thirst for meat Rowan and support your distaste for it Orane, I wish to make sure that you are safe and that you do not fall into the trappings that others have fallen to so often in the past.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Rowan lowers his head in admonishment. “I understand. I swear I have never taken the life of a sentient, but I also had not contemplated doing so – and thus had not resolved never to seek them for food. I do so now. But is it truly wrong to revel in the search, the chase, and the taste? I do so hope it is not.”

Orane shakes her head. “I prefer not to harm plants, either. I take norishment from whence none are hurt – from the ground. These surrounding lands have an abundance to offer – I can take all I want without fear of depriving others. An energy that is apart of all living things. I believe it is the Essence I hear talked about.”

Rowan rolls his eyes. "Everyone eats something! You're just being difficult and rebelious."
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Nyrhtak smiles.

Have I mentioned to the two lately how proud I am of you?

No Rowan, the thrill that you feel is natural to your being, and while I would prefer that, order willing, it were not the case, it is the case and I have reserved myself to that understanding. What I ask is that you always be ...aware... while doing so. It is all too easy to lose yourself to the trappings of exhilaration and so long as you keep this in mind, you can keep yourself in order, while still enjoying the hunt.

Nyrhtak chuckles.

I'll be the first to admit that I like a good steak once in a while. While I would like to see all living beings sustaining themselves in a way similar to which Orane is now doing, there are many obstacles and complications in the way. Mayhaps one day we will be so lucky to have wiped out all that is Necromantic and we can begin making real progress to a more perfect and ordered world, but in the mean time we do what we must and cherish the simple enjoyments that we have offered to us.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari chuckles*
So have you finally come to the understanding that necromancy is not truly magic?

I hate to say it, but I don't trust Nerezza. Never have really, perhaps thats why I don't now because I made assumptions when I first met them. I have always thought Nerezza's destiny lied in the waste with the Red Tear, perhaps she figured that out as well.

*Turns to Orane*
Obviously I think your destiny eventually lies with the Essence mages in one way or another. It does very much puzzle me that you feed on life essence though, necromancy does that. Puzzling for sure, but I do not sense the same things I sense in Nerezza.

*And then to Rowan*
I believe that somehow you are the balance between your 2 siblings, I believe that it will eventually be your destiny to tip the scales, perhaps in the coming war, perhaps just between the 3 of you. I hope that I am wrong.

*Looks around and then smiles abit*
Maybe Winter is rubbing off on me, I don't mean to be the doom and gloom wood elf!
*Bursts into laughter*
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Rowan makes a face. “We tasted Necromancy before we hatched – during that ritual you rescued us from. It was very… wrong.”

Orwen shivers. “It was destruction. It was death. I never want to feel that again. How some can willingly subject themselves to it, I cannot fathom.”

Rowan nods and snakes his head around to face Solari. "I know Nerezza may seem mean at times, but she's our sister. She's been through the same things we have. She could never embrace that black power that oozes from the Red Tear. She's just... a bit full of herself, is all."
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari steps closer and strokes just behing the ear very gently*

I sincerely hope you are right, there is much frustration and impatience in Nerezza, the things that sometimes urge some to seek the easy path to power. The 3 of you are certainly destined for great power, but along the way you must gain the wisdom to go along with that power.
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle