A Stranger Comes
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*smacks head, i dont have tracking*

"i do have a spell that might help though"*spell-glimpse (hint for where to go)*
Gone and Yet not gone
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

*Wilderness Survival + Wilderness Lore Level 3 means you have level 3 tracking*
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*k, i thought for some reason there was a seperate skill for tracking*
Gone and Yet not gone
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon listens to each in turn, then nods his head towards Aurora* "See if you can find any trace, mabye scratches on the rock face or something that might indicate where they've gone. if need be you can cast the spell. "

*He begins examining both passageways, looking for anything out of the ordinary.*
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Upon further searching, a faint red glow can be seen down the right hand passage of the cave system. The pasage straight ahead is total dark, but a faint clinking sound can be heard.*

*Edrick says*
I'm not sure which way we should go. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

"Well personally i'd rather head towards the light then the clicking noise." "I'll go where you lead though"
Gone and Yet not gone
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

"I don't know what that clinking sound might be, but that glow could be a fire of some kind. I can't think of what use undead might have for a fire, so I'd say checking that out first. Though, I'd recommend having somebody keep an eye on our backs. I don't want whatever's making that noise to come up behind us."

*Stops and rubs his chin in thought.*

"Edrick, you said that the undead seemed to be trying to get you and your companions into this cave, right? I wonder if that clinking sound might be somebody, or something, mining in the cave. The undead could have been trying to get you and four friends in here to become another part of the work force. But that's just a thought. I'd still rather check out the light source first."
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

"Umm...If you recall the skeletons we just destroyed had a red glow coming from their eyes. I think we should avoid the red glow as we know that is a sign of more undead...and If I was Edricks friend...I would be avoiding the red glow as well.

So if you ask me and you definately should ask me...we go AWAY from the red glow."
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

"It really could be either way and we could think this through until Edrick's men are dead... or worse.

It could be his friends are avoiding the undead, or captured and mining. in which case we should go towards the clinking. But then again, it could be that they have been captured and are with the undead, in which case we should go towards the red glow.

Unless someone is able to track or cast a spell to find which way we should go, we should pick a path and hope for the best. My vote is down the cavern where I hear the clinking. My thinking is that if there are no undead down that path, it will be quicker to check it out and then come back here. Time is of the essence."

He looks at Aurora, "Can you track or cast your spell? If not, let's make a decision and act swiftly."
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Well can I track anything? With level 3 tracking.*

*depending on that answer i will cast a spell**so let me know*

"I will try Llyshon, If i can't see anything i will use my spells"
Gone and Yet not gone
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

Rianna Lindsay wrote:*Well can I track anything? With level 3 tracking.*

*depending on that answer i will cast a spell**so let me know*

"I will try Llyshon, If i can't see anything i will use my spells"
*nods once in response* "Thank you Aurora. There will likely be more than one set of footprints." *he glances at Edrick* "Is there anything particlarly unusual with your friends that might show up to one who is tracking? For instance, a limp, an odd gait, anything of that nature that might help a tracker discern between them and the booted feet of the undead?" *He looks back to Aurora* "It's also possible they were wounded, or stumbling if they were in chains. Best to keep that in mind as well."
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

"I had forgotten about the glowing eyes. I'd agree with Lyshon. It might be easier to check out the clinking sound first. I'd like to get out of here without having to fight our way through an undead horde. We'll wait and see if Aroura can find anything, but I'd say let's keep going straight if she can't find anything else to go on."
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick responds*

My friend is an elf and healthy last i saw him. it is hard to tell what state he is in now. I agree with the rest of you, lets stay away from the red glow and go towards the clinking sound.

*As the group moves foward down the cave, a small red glow can be seen. The clinking sounds grows louder the farther the group goes down the cave.*

*All of a sudden the clinking sound stops and the red glow forms into 4 floating red spots that start foward towards the group. As the red glows come into the parties light, it can be seen the red spots are the eye socks of 2 large skeleton warriors dressed in battered and beaten rusted armor wielding rusted 2 handed swoard. The skeletons lurch foward raising there swords for attack*

*The parties light shines past the skelton warrios into a small caverin that is piled with rotting bodies and piles white and brown bones. A hand can be seen sticking out of a pile of bones that looks fresh and unrotted.*
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon bolts forward and engages the nearest skeleton, trying to position himself in close proximity to both. A wave of energy is released from him and rushes over the pair (Innate Graveyard, lash 200 destroy undead*
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*Vaellar Quickly incants a spell and phases out of existance, only to reappear behind the skeletons at the pile of bodies (Blink spell)*

*Vaellar then reaches down to grab the fresh looking hand in the pile of corpses and tries to pull it free (Strength 5) while glancing around the immediate area and just past the pile of bodies (Search level 5)*