The Moonlight Caravan
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

The Moonlight Caravan

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Late one night (when such things are wont to happen) a clanking and wailing can be heard from the main road in Legacy. The wailing is almost animalistic. Almost.

Those who peer through windows or step outside see a donkadillo-drawn caravan of high, barred wagons, much like circus carts, with dirtied Silverthorne kingdom and duchy banners hanging limply in the damp, still night. But their cargo is not exotic creatures, but filthy and ragged humans, staring through the bars with wide, haunted eyes, their wordless wails echoing through the night. Tired-looking Silverthorne soldiers trudge along-side the wagons, staring blankly ahead.
Last edited by X-GM Fesko on Tue May 15, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Adam
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Adam »

Awaking from magic egg coma.

Elros falls out of the bunk and stumbles over and looks out the window.

"I think I need to wake Nicodemas and the other Sun members."
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

*Coming out of the Inn, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Lochlainn hails one of the soldiers while keeping a safe distance away.*

"What is this all about? Why are these people locked up and why do they make those horrid noises?"
JoeLandolfi
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by JoeLandolfi »

Nicodemas awakens and reaches for the blade that Nhyrtak allowed him to use, taking it in hand its black blade shines in the moonlight as he walks over to the window, looking outside at the passing caravan. He peers over and sees Elros, nodding to him. Slowly the door is opened and Nicodemas begins to approach the caravan in a guarded pose, attempting to get a better look at the prisoners within.
Quotes
1. "Back in the day, when we used to have to walk to plot..."
2. "There ain't no party, like an Undead party, cause' an Undead party don't stop."
Adam
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Adam »

Elros grabs his mace and shield and follows Nicodemas outside very carefully.

in a wisper
"Thought I would give you a little protection while you investigate."
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The guard slowly turns his gaze on Lochlainn. “What’s this about? About the worst posting in the world, and they’re hardly ‘people’. Crazy, touched, lunatics – on their way to the new Asylum they’ve built in the Folly. Only been with them three days, but I’m convinced mere proximity is sapping my own sanity. They never seem to sleep – never shut up!”

For emphesis he slams the head of his halberd against the bars of the nearest wagon. Some of it’s occupant flinch slightly from the sudden strike and clatter, others ignore it entirely. Some grow quieter, others louder, with no real reduction in the noise.

“Gonna be a regular thing, from what I understand. If you want to know more about it, talk to the Taskmaster.” He points to the lead wagon. “I just have to see this cursed train through once – he’s signed on permanently.”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Aroura coming out of the woods towards the Caravan*

They do seem terribly disturbed. *walks up to the closest cart and picking someone who is flailing around, Touches them and "first aid"* (waits to see)
Gone and Yet not gone
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*and what the heck "sence magic level 4" * after first aiding the person.
Gone and Yet not gone
Karragin_Elyl
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Karragin_Elyl »

*Karragin awakens and heads out, grabing some food with him, he looks out and asks Nicodeamus what is going on.*
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

To guard:
"Thank you for the information. I will head up to the taskmaster and talk to him."

To Aroura:
"I'll be up at the head of the caravan if you should need me to help with any healing."

*Heads to the front of the caravan to find the taskmaster.*
JoeLandolfi
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by JoeLandolfi »

Turning to Karragin, Nicodemas waves his hand in a "shush"ing manner. He slows his pace with Elros so that he and Karragin may catch up, and he turns to Karragin with a whisper. "Where is your sword Karragin?" he smirks, remembering the duty and task he gave Karragin only weeks ago and then continues to the Caravan, Now near it he looks to the prisoners within and turns to Elros. "What manner of men are these?"
Quotes
2. "There ain't no party, like an Undead party, cause' an Undead party don't stop."
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

*Level 1 Disease, no magic*

The man Aurora touches flinches and his eyes grow wide as he feels Aurora’s magical sense. He grasps her arm hard (Strength 1).

“SHE’S IN MY HEAD WHERE HENRY LIVES! SHE’S TRYING TO STEAL HIS PEANUTS! HENRY HAS POWERFUL FRIENDS! STOP HER! STOP HER!”

Manning the reins at the head of the caravan is a large, mishappened man whose Silverthorne tunic fails miserably to conceal his pronounced hunchback.

He turns one bulbous eye on Lochlainn as he catches up with the front wagon.

“Quite a sight, ain’t it?”
Adam
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Adam »

Elros turns and is about to say something to Nicodemas when he sees one of the men grab ahold of Aurora.

"Look Sir one of the men in the wagon has Aurora!"
JoeLandolfi
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by JoeLandolfi »

Nicodemas hears the mans yelp almost at the same time as Elros's comment and points the black blade at the man grasping Aurora through the bars. "Release her." he says calmly, keeping eye on the other prisoners.
Quotes
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

To the hunchbacked man:
"It is definitely a sight I have not seen before. Do you know where these people are from? Are they all from the same area? Do you know what is causing their malady?"

To Aroura:
"Have you found anything out?"

*notices the man grabbing Aroura's arm*

To the hunchbacked man:
"One of the men in that wagon back there has grabbed hold of the lady elf. Is she in any danger?"