The Moonlight Caravan
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*heal disease level 1*(with healing skill points)

*tries to get her arm back (i really need to learn strength :) )*

*to the man* Please release me I'm here to help. (did the healing help?)
Gone and Yet not gone
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The hunchback gives a twisted shrug. “They’re from across the Kingdom, I reckon. Bet the cities and towns can’t wait to be rid ‘o them. They bring ‘em to me wagons, and I take ‘em to the Asylum. Best job in da world! Hee hee! I git ta be surrounded by folk worse off than me!”

He looks behind him toward the wagon where Aurora is when Lochlainn points out her predicament, and nods appraisingly.

“Mortal danger, quite possibly. Hee hee. DON’T FEED THE ANIMALS.” He calls back.

“There’s no reasoning with this garbage.” The soldier near Aurora informs Nicodemas. He inserts his halberd between the bars and raps the insane man soundly on the head. The man immediately releases Aurora as he retreats, covering his head and howling. Aurora got her healing attempt off, but loses contact with the man before learning if her efforts were effective.

“HENRY SAYS HE WILL PLANT FERNS BETWEEN YOUR TOES!” He cries. “THEN YOU’LL BE SORRY!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

To hunchbacked man:
"Do you know much about any attempts to cure these poor people? Is the asylum able to help them, or do they just lock them up?"
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*rubs her arm and backs up from the bars*

Well i tried to heal the man, but i can't tell if he's any better health wise without coming in contact with him again, and i don't see that being a good option right now.

*to the man that struck "henry"*
Does the asylum have healers or are these people just going somewhere where they won't 'bother' anyone?
Gone and Yet not gone
JoeLandolfi
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by JoeLandolfi »

Watches the soldier hit the man on the head with his halberd and nods. "If it must be so, then unfortunately it must be so." He watches Rianna's recoil and slowly begins to put the black blade inside of its scabbard, looking to the others.
Quotes
1. "Back in the day, when we used to have to walk to plot..."
2. "There ain't no party, like an Undead party, cause' an Undead party don't stop."
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“These people are mine all along the road from Ports End to the Asylum gates.” The hunchback replies to Lochlainn. “What happens to them before or after… is none of my concern. Hee hee!”

The guard shrugs to Aurora as they walk alongside the caravan. “That place is touted as ‘a place of treatment for the deranged’. So, yeah, supposedly they’re going there to get fixed up. Must be some powerful magics if they think they can correct a loony. But I just want to be rid of them – don’t know how much longer I can stand this racket!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

To Aroura:
"Looks like we'll need to pay a visit to this asylum for more information about what afflicts these people."

*Tries to count the number of people in the cages, keeping track of how many of what races*

To hunchbacked man:
"Is it primarily just humans or are there other races being affected as well?"
JoeLandolfi
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by JoeLandolfi »

Sees Lochlain observing the men, catching on he nods and turns to Karragin. "Karragin, take a quick head count and record it."
Quotes
2. "There ain't no party, like an Undead party, cause' an Undead party don't stop."
Karragin_Elyl
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Karragin_Elyl »

Ahh yes my lord! *Mathematics, for quick counting, combined with search level 1, and scribe to make an official document of how many people there are. Also I will try to see what langauges they speak, I know Common, Guthrie, Ga'Vin, Wood Elven, Dark Elven, and High Elven.*
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

"Other races?" The hunchback leans toward Lochlainn as he taps at his temple. "No race is immune to the touch of the moon." He leans back in his seat and guffaws.

Some of wagons contain scenes of chaos, and it’s hard to gain an accurate count of the occupants. Lochlainn comes up with 48, while Karragin reaches 54. Nearly all are Human, though there is the odd Gnome, Guthrie, and even one Wood Elf among them. Karragin notes Common as the dominant language, though the other races will mutter in their own language. Other Language(s) are also present that Karragin does not recognize. In the clamor, it’s difficult to determine if it’s gibberish or legitimate.
JoeLandolfi
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by JoeLandolfi »

Watches Karragin do a head count and looks at Lochlain doing the same with a nodd. Allows the two to finish their counting and then Nicodemas turns to Lochlain. "Sir, I believe we've met." he bows his head keeping a hand on the hilt of his blade which lies in his scabbard. "I believe it would be important to seek answers to the questions you've posed, such as if these men are merely being...'dissapeared' as it were. If you would like, I can offer you companionship with my men on one of the coming moons. Perhaps together your resources would be used more ably?"

Nicodemas shifts his weight, feeling uncomfortable without his armor, and stands near Karragin in a guarded position.
Quotes
Adam
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Adam »

Moving closer to Nicodemas and Karragin noticing that Lochlain is next to them.

Elros looks over at Lochlain and nods and says "Hi"

Speaking to Nicodemas "Sir this is the man who graciously used his healing on me and some of the other men after the madness at The Grove."
Karragin_Elyl
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Karragin_Elyl »

*Karragin jots down the number in his journal of the number of men, noting that there were about 54 of them, and that they are mainly human, and some of the odd races among it.* My Lord, there are 54 I had counted.
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

To Nicodemus:
"We have met several times. I welcome your offer of assistance. I know you and your men to be useful. This may be a task that requires more diplomacy than force, however. We will need to discuss this further. I'm thinking that this does warrant a visit to this asylum. I'm curious to find out more about what is afflicting these people. I'll have to talk with Aroura about what she found out, too."

*walks back to Aroura to discuss what she found out about the man that she had checked on*
Karragin_Elyl
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Karragin_Elyl »

Diplomacy, oh yes it is always best to try to do diplomacy above force. I am very good at doing diplomacy, that's my specialty. *turns to Nicodeamus* My Lord can we go, so I may try to talk to these people at the asylum?