how have things been.
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Clouce
Pinky
Pinky

how have things been.

Post by Clouce »

*a funny ragged clothed man enters the in with a pleasent look on his face*

hello town, how have things been while i have been gone. are you all still fighting the good fight. anyways i am thirsty, i have been waiting to drink some of bombers ale for two years now. so tell me everyone how have your lives been unfolding as of late, pleasntly i hope.
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*from behind the bar*
"Holy Cow! Clouse!"
*Sylas's surprise turns a bit to somber*
"Im afraid none of us will be able to enjoy Bombours Best again my freind.
He.. a .. didnt make it."

*cheering back up a bit*
"I do have something that he was helping me with though."
*reaches under the bar*
"Now its not Bombours Best, but he did teach me a thing or two..
its Dwarven at least. Something the Fire Dwarves came up with."

*A pop is heard then Sylas hands Clouse the bottle*
"Carefull. It kicks a bit."
Clouce
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Clouce »

*clouce looks to sylas with disheartend eyes as he takes the bottle of brew*

wha....what do you mean he didn't make it. sylas what happend to my dear sweet bomber.
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*avoiding looking at Clouse*
"We a... we were trying to save a large group of Avayana that were caught on the wrong side of the Red Tear advancement...
We got him back, but..."

*his words cut off*

*clearly choked up he tries to speak again*
"Anyway, Ive decided to take on the bar in his stead. Or rather in his Honor"

*wipes the bar down with a rag*
"Unfortunately its like starting over. Anything that wasnt bolted down has been pilfered."
Clouce
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Clouce »

*Clouce tries to keep from crying as he puts a potion stopper in the ale he was given*

So the red tear is still a problem eh, that is more then enough for a reason for me to start adventuring again. i will drink this the day i feel bomber is properly avenged.

*clouce puts the brew in his napsack*

what of the red and black dear sylas has the trap maker denomyar run it properly in my stead, also what problems is the town faceing now are the settlers properly fed and clothed. what is our situation as of late.
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*as Clouse begins to put the drink in his napsack he reaches under the bar for a fresh bottle*

"Here, take a fresh one, and give me that one. Now that its opened it may not keep. And yes the Red Tear is definately still a problem.
Of the Red and Black Im sorry to say I havent seen them since your trap man set protections on the Doors here in the Inn."

*looks solemnly at Clouse not wanting to heap too much on him at once*

".. that was at leat six moons ago."
Clouce
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Clouce »

*clouce takes a deep breath and sighs as he scrathces his brow*

That is unfortunate it twould apear that i have lost a great deal in going away for awhile. The red and black, precious time with bombour not to mention all of my posessions were lost on the trip back here.

*clouce plops himself voilently on a nearby stool*

what to do sylas................. i know what i need, one of lady wrens beautiful
songs is she still around or has she been taken from us aswell.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis steps out of the shadows from the corner of the room.

You are in luck on that count, along with the rest of us. Lady Wren is still here and still sings her songs.

Although we have lost a few friends, we have gained a few new ones. It as things normally are on the frontier. The war goes so confusingly that one doesn't really know where one stands at this time. For now, we are vassals of Silverthorn with the army of Lethnal at our sides, and the armies of the Red Tear and the dark elves wanting to bring us down.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*nods in agreement to Darthesis' words*

"And I can assure you that Wren will be safe as long as I draw breath."
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*A small Guthrie with a miniature black drake curled up on his shoulder approaches the bar*

"Hello Sir...My name is Vaellar, this is Nerezza (nodding to the small drake) and I couldnt help but overhear that you lost everything you had while adventuring. Could you explain to me what happened...this town has some remarkably skilled individuals and it may be possible to recover what was lost. If not, then its very possible we could replace things for you. At the very least I am sure we can supply you with a sword and shield to help get you back on your feet. So...what is your name? What type of adventurer are you? What skills do you posses? Can you cast magic? Are you registered with the guild? Does Twilight know about you? Are you a very experienced adventurer? Have you been on any grand quests lately? Will you tell me a story? What is your favorite color? Who/what is the red & black, aside from them being colors obviously? Who is this trap's master person you are referring to? I thought Draven did the traps on the Inn doors not denomyer? Do you battle against the red tear? Have you ever fought a ghost? how about a deathknight, lich, skeleton warrior, bone golem, or Banshee? Do you know how to fly? Do you know how to reach the plane of air? Can you explain the complexities of the instability caused by the planar fluxuations when trying to teleport across the chaos mountains? How did you get here? Do you know any 5th tier magical spells? Do you have any spellbooks in your possession? Would you be willing to sell them?

*The Guthrie pauses for a moment and takes a deep breath, looks as if he is about to begin with another tirade of questions but right as he is about to begin he stops, cocks his head to the side as if listening to something, and then closes his mouth and simply stares at Clouse as if waiting for his response.*
Divin Stormshadow
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Divin Stormshadow »

*from over near the bar*

complexities of the instability caused by the planar fluxuations when trying to teleport across the chaos mountains.... I could try but likly you wouldn't like the answer, or wouldn't beleive the answer, or wouldn't fathom that it could even be an answer let alone the right one.
Divin Stormshadow
Work force management of Chaos
General nusance of the Mages Guild
Magi of the great Clan Skum
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*From the rafters above, Aroura can be heard*

Clouce, it is good you have returned. We always need good towns folk. *aoura glides down from the rafters*
Bombour was a great loss to our town and those who loved him and called him friend, but please understand it was his wish to rest. And go home to his forefathers. He did have some final words for the people here and from midway and if you wish i can relate them to you. He also left the words that are above the bar now. He wished people would remember him when they drink. *some tears form in her eyes* So please don't feel the need to avenge him, those that hurt him were hurt. We will finish the job, but it will take time. We (looking at Vallar with a smile) did destroy the tower they were in at the desert.
As for your friends, don't worry, townsmembers come and go all the time, there is no cause for sadness untill ones knows for sure. You could always talk with someone who reads the stars to see how they are doing.

*walks over to the bar*
Sylas is there any elven wine back there?
Gone and Yet not gone
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*grins during Vaellars exhausting speach, then nods as Aroura speaks*

"Elven? Hmm.. I'll see what I can dig up."

*disappears into the store room*
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

A small green Drake and a small red Drake, both nearly four feet in length, alight on the bar. The green one nuzzles Clouce’s arm. “Poor Clouce. Bombar was a close friend of yours, I see. It is both sad and wonderful that such pain is so much a part of life.”

The red drake looks between Clouce and Vaellar, eyes wide. “I’ve witnessed little evidence that the human mind can track so many topics at a time. I would be fascinated to see how Clouce fairs.”

“Prepare to be disappointed.” The black drake snickers.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*walking back out and leaning across the bar with a dusty bottle*

"This is all I could find. The stopper still looks good though."

*suddenly noticing that he is leaning between two drakes and pausing for a moment taking it all in*

*to no-one, and everyone*
"You ever get the feeling you overlooked an important detail?"