Essence Stone Quest
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

"Say can you point out this "Sarge" as you call him? I'd like to make his acquaintance. I'm very interested in this fine work you are all putting into our defenses. The battles of this past season have taken much toll upon us all."
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“As you wish.” The worker leads the way a short distance along the construction, approaching another man. “This is Sergeant Peterson.”

The man turns and nods. “Magistrate. What may I do for you?”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

"I am curious to know about the defenses you are putting up and what kind of monitoring you have been doing whilst construction occurs.

I mean afterall, if you don't know the men who are constructing it, how can you be sure the are doing a quality job? I know I for one like to be sure of those in my employ. Have worked with this crew for a long period of time?"

"We've also been noticing some changes in the river lately,unrealed to the cold weather, and wondered if you had as well. "
Legacy Chapter
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“They’re soldiers, ma’am. They’re well disciplined, and know their lives depend upon the quality of their work. And the army engineers know what they’re doing. As for the river, can’t say I’ve seen anything odd about it. What changes do you mean?”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

"Besides the changes due to the weather, and the icing of the banks, I'd wondered if you had noticed any smells, discolorations, or abnormal traffic on the river.
Something that was put into the river seems to be missing. Aurora and I are checking up on it's well-being. A safe supply of water is just as essential to our survival as those defenses and stores of food, you know. I want to do my part in making sure that we stay safe."
Legacy Chapter
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“The water’s been as water is – nothing odd I’ve seen. No strange smells since the last of the bodies had been cleared off both banks. Other than Sig’s cooking, that is. There’s been no traffic passed this point since we’ve arrived, and no traffic passed the Keep before then. What’d be missin’ from the river?”

The Sergeant’s eyes suddenly go wide with horror. He looks around to make sure no one else is listening before whispering. “You don’t mean that ward against the dead, do you? These fortifications will be nigh pointless without that!”
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Whispering* We are still trying to figure it out. I do suggest keeping any speculations quiet till we are sure.
Gone and Yet not gone
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The Sergeant nods. “Right. I’ll need to inform my superiors, but not a word to the men. Most of these guys were peasants just a few months ago, and news like this could break them. A lot of people would die as they tried to desert across the Chaos Mountains. But if the river’s lost its ward, they’d be the lucky ones!”
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

"To allay your fears, we can't even be sure that is indeed what happened. Aurora and I are looking into the matter with the most haste that we can offer. The ward may still be there. It may need some repair, or it may be a false alarm.

If there is anything that you need to be aware of in this matter I will surely relay the information to you. I would never have you risking your lives, without what aid we can give. For now, you should continue as you have been directed. We shall continue investigating both the well being of the river, as well as those living within it's bounds. Take care, and come see us if you have need, or to listen to a soothing bard in the eve."

Mary extends her hand to shake his, and looks to head to the area where the stone was dropped.
Legacy Chapter
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

After meeting with the construction overseer, Mary and Aurora proceed northwest toward Harrison’s Folly and the source of the Tarragon River. They have not been travelling far, however, before becoming aware of the sounds of steel on steel, shouts, and explosions emanating from across the river in the swamplands to the north. A sizeable conflict is apparently underway somewhere over there.
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

Mary to Aurora, "That does not sound good. Let me go check it out and see what is happening. I can look without being seen. Unless you want to check it out too." "Perhaps we should send a runner back to the Inn. I bet that Sergeant would help us out with that."
"What do you think?"
Legacy Chapter
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

Well if you want to take a quick look i'll head back to the inn and the sargent and let them know something is going on. I can travel fairly quickly in the woods. Or if you want to look first i can Teleport us back to the inn and we can go from there.
Gone and Yet not gone
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

FYI - You're about a 1/2 hour out from Legacy as the city-dweller stumbles.
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

oog- thanks that'll make a difference in movement options. :)
Gone and Yet not gone
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

"I"ll check it out. Stay back here next to these pines, and I'll be back in a moment."
Using her knowledge of the woods and skills of stealth, Mary heads cautiously heads towards the ruckus ahead.
Legacy Chapter