Mad Skilz
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Mad Skilz

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Outside the Inn, several off-duty Avyana have set up shop and are loudly squawking in accented Common:

"Expert swordsmanship training right here! Become an Expert Swordsman for just four Verlan per lesson!"

"Astrology! Learn to use the stars to your advantage!"

"Don't risk getting sliced by the undead's blade! I'll show you how to craft, maintain, and make the best use of armor!"

"Forget the risk of confronting the undead! I'll teach you to avoid their attacks!"

"Better still, I'll show you how to effectively hide from them!"

"What's life if you can't enjoy it? I'll show you the secrets of finding those lost and hidden treasures everyone else overlooks!"

And so the ruckus continues.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Eventually a townsman approaches one of the trainer Avyana. “I’d like to become better at avoiding an opponent’s strike. Can you help me?”

“Certainly!” The Avyana responds almost before the man has finished his question, eyes gleaming with greed. “I’ll show you exactly how to move with the hit – greatly reducing its impact. Just pay me my price and we’ll get started!”

The townsman eyes the Avyana warily. “You’ll be paid when my training is complete.”

“How do I know you’ll pay, then? No – three parts now, one part after.” The Avyana haggles back.

“Half now, half on completion.”

“Done!” The Avyana readily agrees while holding out his hand. “Now pay!”

The townsman frowns as he pulls a handful of Verlan from the small sack tied to his belt. He carefully counts out what he needs, and drops the coins over the gloved hand before him.

But they land in a different hand. Both the townsman and the Avyana look up in surprise at another Avyana neither had previously noted, standing just behind the first. Unlike the off-duty soldier, this new Avyana was dressed entirely in black save for a –

“Scarlet Sash!” The soldier exclaimed as he scrambled away to stand beside the townsman. “When… When did you get here?”

“The Scarlet Sash are always around, warrior.” The new Avyana pointed out lazily as he examined the coins. “You should know that.”

“I… I had not seen any throughout this campaign.”

“No one sees us. Not unless we want them to.” He looks up from the coins to lock eyes with the other. “So tell me, warrior, why you are training Humans to fight.”

The warrior looks away, clearly frightened. “I’ve been told that Legacy is just like any place in Lethnal, now. These Humans are King... er, Emperor Roderick’s subjects – no different then ordinary peasants… except they have money.”

“Of which you intended to fleece them out of before the tax collectors arrived.”

“Um… Spoils of war?”

The Scarlet Sash turned his gaze back on the coins. “I will keep these. For your taxes. You may keep the end payment.” In the blink of an eye, he was gone.

The Avyana warrior, still shaken, turned to the townsman. “Glad I agreed to half and half!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise