At the back of the Inn...
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

At the back of the Inn...

Post by Mary Baker »

*Mary watches to make sure the delegation and Avyana leaders are engrossed with eachother. Then sends another look towards Sylas and scans the room for Darthesis*
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis enters the Inn not long after the delegations have
*** finished their discussions. He then walks to the back corner of
*** the room.
*** Sitting next to Mary, he also carefully scans the room and then
*** places his back against the wall and stays silent with only a slight
*** nod to Mary.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Sylas approaches and also takes a seat with full view of the room*
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

Interesting negotiations. I find it especially interesting that the delegation did not even seek to confer with the citizens here in Legacy.

How are things going for the peasants remaining? Will there be food enough for the winter, or will Lenthal starve them?
Legacy Chapter
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Well, at this point the situation has changed, so we cannot be sure what to expect. However, I doubt Lethnal will starve the peasants, they will want them to make food for years, not for days. However, I wouldn't expect them to have more than a sustenance existance which will be rough because the extra food that Ulrich's Gift is famous for I'm sure is being used to trade for all the other necessities that are hard to find out here on the frontier.

As for more immediate threats and discussions that must be had, I would focus on these topics.

- What is the state of the Red Tear in light of the push from Lethnal?
- What are their plans for us here in Legacy? I can think of a hundred things they could do with us, ranging from reasonably good to very bad. We should prepare for the worst.
- What will the Silverthorn response be? Not the words, but actions. Timing and specifics.
- Find out for certain who we can trust here.

As for the first, this will have to be picked up on over time or by scouts. I suggest that at least one of us makes this a priority.

As for the second, I would start by hiding any valuables you might have. For now, I offer that I will hide any valuables that you wish to give me as long as you also will create a list of those items and give that to me with your signature. I make only one promise, that they will be guarded as well as my own valuables. I would not show any items of worth openly until we know what the situation locally will be.

I'm sure my reputation let's you know that the items will be safe. I'm ALSO sure that my reputation worries some of you in light of the current situation. I would not be shocked if I am contacted in an effort to convince me to switch sides. Do not be shocked if I sound interested. Your own valuables can be hidden, I guarantee my reputation proceeds me even within Lethnal. I must walk a narrow road to keep my possessions while remaining here.

However... I already have a contact with Von Droven. Remember this well but do NOT speak of it. The contract is on shaky ground given the current change of situation, as such I go to speak to him in two days. If anyone has any messages for me to take to Tarragon, have them ready for me by then. When I return I expect that Von Droven, given the situation, will handle the matter of my contract to my satisfaction. If he does not, I will inform you all of this... on my word, and return any items I am holding to you prior to any further actions.

As to the third item, I will return with whatever information I can gather as to Silverthorn's response.

As to the fourth item, begin whatever methods you have to determine this. All allies should be found, and all those who work against Silverthorn should be made clear early on.

In those two days before I leave, I wish to find Nyrhtak, so if anyone has any ideas on how to find him, let me know. If two days pass and I have not found him, then I cannot teach him what he wishes to know.

Finally, Mary, I assume you wish to stay here, but if you wish to travel with me, I believe you have the skills necessary to do so. As such if you wish to come with me you can, the choice is yours. However, if people wish to discuss things while I am gone here, things will get quite a bit more dangerous without you here.

*** Darthesis leans back, having spoken his piece.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

I will remain here. This is my home now. Silverthorn has shown how they repay their "heroes". I do not assume I know the grand plan, but you would think VonDroven would want us to know so that we can help.

My plans to travel this winter have changed much. I think I am needed here in Legacy. Sylas and the others will need the kind of assistance I can provide if you are not available. Especially since we have no contact with our king.

I can find Nyrhtak for you. I think he comes this way.
Legacy Chapter
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

*Suddenly a small tightly packed note falls down, landing in Darthesis's lap. A slight rustling is heard and the back door creaks open. Perhaps it was the wind?*
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I don't think we can blame anyone in Silverthorn for the current changes, they do not control the Lethnal army. However in anything, the planning determines the outcome, and we have all seen serious mistakes in planning.

*** Darthesis unrolls the note and reads it.

Nryhtak seems to be a bit more worried than I thought about the current situation and his being seen. That is fine though, I will take care of my business with him.

I leave in two days, any discussions prior to that or information we can gather will be relayed back.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

It is time I leave. I should be back within 3 days although I certainly might be held up. Again, do not meet without both Mary's watchful eye and Twilight's ability to hide us from enemy seers. My shielding here will only last for a short while after I leave.

*** Darthesis waits a short time for any last remarks or questions, then
*** leaves.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Sylas continues to sit silently long after everyone has left, then queitly makes his way to his cell locking himself in*