Parley
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Parley

Post by X-GM Fesko »

A procession of seventy Avyana march up the road from one of their encampments into Legacy. The column halts by the Inn, where one of the solders, roughly eight rows from the front, steps out of line and dons a leather mantel indicating he is actually an officer. He selects eight other soldiers, apparently at random, and together they enter the Inn – four soldiers in front of the officer and four behind.

Once inside, the officer speaks from behind his soldiers.

“I, Lieutenant Moki of His Esteemed Emperor’s Grand Army of Expansion, wish to speak with Constable Sylas Hay, the leader of the Village of Legacy.”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*sylas gets up from the bench he was sitting at going over a few old notes and approaches the guards an a very relaxed manor*

"I am Sylas Hay."

*he lets the words trail off as an invitation for the officer to speak first*
Last edited by Sylas Hay on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Moki looks a bit confused as Sylas stands, and squawks briefly at a soldier standing just behind him. A quick exchange in Avyana ensues, at the end of which Moki slaps the soldier’s helmet angrily and turns back to Sylas.

“If you would like to laud your praises upon the Glorious Emperor Roderick for His swift action in saving you and yours from certain doom, I stand now in His stead to receive them. In turn I must congratulate the worthy Adventurers of Legacy for their assistance in the recent battle. Their aid in eliminating key Red Tear Necromancers allowed our Underdweller allies to turn significant quantities of their unliving minions against them, facilitating the swift rout of enemy forces.”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*nodding slightly*

"I do wish to thank you for the good treatment you have shown my people. Most are simple farmers, and I am glad to see that they are not being abused. In fact to my knowledge you have treated them quite fairly."

*ending in another slight nod*
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“Of course.” Moki replies. “We are both civilized people. These settlements will remain under your authority, to rule in the name of Emperor Roderick. Your Guard force shall remain intact to aid in the enforcement of the Emperor’s will."

“While under the Emperor’s protection, you need not again worry about invasion. One of your first acts in His name shall be to disarm the local populations of their weapons of war – they no longer require them and may only hurt themselves. The gear of the esteemed Adventurers are, of course, exempt from this, as are necessary tools such as axes, spades, pitchforks, etc.”
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*nodding as if this was all quite normal*

"Of course. And what of Harrisons Folly? That is the Shanty Town north of here."
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“The Emperor will extend His protection to those unfortunates as soon as the Red Tear have been dealt with. Rest assured they do enjoy safety while our forces engage the enemy.”

“War has its cost, of course. For saving your villages, your people surely will not mind contributing 80% of their harvest to assist our effort as well as that of our Dark Elf allies.”

One of the soldiers says something low in Avyana, upon which Moki glares at him, then pounds him on top of his helmet while shouting a terse squawk.

“Anyway, I’ll leave the rounding up of the harvest to you and your men. The supply train will come for it in the first week of November.”
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

"Unfortunately 80% of how much is the question. It will take a little time to see to the farms and find out home many, and how much were lost. I shall begin seeing to it at once."

*A slight nod, and then turns and walks away*