There Goes the Neighborhood
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sadot just watches the others as they talk. He seems to have stop writing and starts looking in his shoulder bag. He face lights up like a becon of joy. Once his hand grasp the ruby sized ember of fire. He pulls it forth and starts to study it. As he loks at it he starts to write some more in his book.*
Divin Stormshadow
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Divin Stormshadow »

"It" hmm, hay wait I could

*and with a odd look in his eyes starts to mumble to himself for a bit, then looking up as if shocked everyone was still there*

that may not be playin fair, even for me....

*the looking over at Sadot as he pulls out the bobble*

hmmm.... SHINNEY! can I have that?... no really?
Divin Stormshadow
Work force management of Chaos
General nusance of the Mages Guild
Magi of the great Clan Skum
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

that needs to stay in town Divin. We are not sure yet what it's purpose but for now it needs to stay.

and i'm not a kill joy. before you start to complain. though if it is found unneeded, you could probably get Sadot to part with it.
Gone and Yet not gone
Divin Stormshadow

*with the big eye'ed pouty face*

but but but but.....

IT'S SHINNEY!!
Divin Stormshadow
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sadot looks at Divin with a queer look up on his face. He shake his head No, as he studies the Ember more. After a few more moments of study Sadot flips to a new piece of parchment and writes down.*

"I am Sadot it is nice to meet you, but I do not speak. So please forgive me on my rudiness. But I can not let you take the ember. Thou if you care to help me in the study of it. I would be greatful as would most of us that went up this little test. For it is not hot was one would think, yet it seem to house a great deal of power on the inside of it. I have tried to use it to burn things with no success. I have tryied to use it on a fallen with not effect. But at this time I am not skilled in the arts of Lore. So I am drawing and making my notes on how and where we had recovered it."

*Than holds up the note so all can read it.*
Divin Stormshadow

*turning and looking at Sadot's shadow as he speaks*

Is he always this serios? can't you just talk for him? what do you mean he won't listen to you? he's never responded to you even once? huh....

*looking back at Sabot*

well I could go play with it a bit but any information I would yeild from said play I fear would be of little to no use to you. I hold a great apptitude with the element of fire in particular and am sure I could put it to good use but such studys would be in comlpete disreguard of me dear students request to leave that shinny little stone of yours inside the town. I coudl as well just brin gyou with me but the last time I took anyone there there mind seemed to.. how you say.... snaped like a small goblin beneath my heel of fire, burn to nothing more then a cynder to blow away withthe breeze as I continue on with the...

*gets a very dark sidistic gleam in his eyes.... and turning back to aruara*

there any goblins around here? oh nevermind that mostly off topic

*turning back twards the ember*

so very shinny... oh right right, you introduced yourself to me so I should introduce myself to you now, that's how this game works.... I am Divin Stormshadow, lord of those shadows that speak, magi to those who fight with the great of clan skum, and general nusence to the mages guild, but mostly just a herald of things that don't make sense.... most just call me Divin though
Divin Stormshadow
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

actually goblins are not around much here. plently of cobalts though. so far they have been helpful once we relocated them. it's amazing what the rich think they are entiteled to.

and remember most people don't know they can talk to their shadow and get a responce. i'd never have known if you hadn't told me.
odd question i'm sure, but can shadows read written text?
just curious.

if you'd like shiny *rummages in pouch* you can have this. *tosses over a blue gem about 1.5" dia.* in one of the caves we recently had to go through to retrieve some of the towns people had several.

that was a interesting one, *sort of to herself* probably should have checked that out more....
Gone and Yet not gone
Divin Stormshadow

hmmm.... oh well, i just had the urge to burn something there for a second, it'll pass

can they ready, well I guess that would depend entirly if there shadow ever cared to learn.... that question is kinda on par with, can humans read?...

*looking at the blue gem*

that's not nearly the same kind of shinny.... i've got shinnys like this, last time we stubled across a nest of some pretty irrate and large i may add drakes there was a bunch of simalar shinnys in there. stone shinnys are so confusing, everyone always argues over how much money they're worth and it doesn't ever seem to coencide with how pretty they are, I mean wouldn't it make sense that the prettier they are the more they'd be worth, but that hardly ever seems to be the case.

*looking back at Sadot*

writing everything you ever wanted to say must be a drag... ever considered having your voice regrown? It probably wouldn't even hurt that much.... or maybe if I made a new version of that message spell that could talk to people in there head that you could see and like made a necklace that did it all the time, you could just talk in people head... that could be fun, maybe i'll make one for myself....

*turning back twards araura*

wouldn't that be fun Aruara, hearing me in your head all the time?
Divin Stormshadow
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

depends could i have a mute button for when i need to memorize spells and such. also it would need to be two way otherwise it would get dull on your side of it. unless of corse it was just a always on thing and everything you said in general went across, then i would have to say no that would not be as fun. since i'd have no idea what you were talking of most of the time.

as for pretty shinny, i know it's not the same, just it's another version of shinny. and i would agree the prety the more it should cost then what ever people think is the 'best' at any given time. that why i leave it up to Bombor to say how good a gem is.

as for Sadot talking again, we're working on that one. Just gonna take a little while i think. And if you say of shadows is true, he may not want his shadow speaking for him. Might get him in trouble. you know how the people here can take words the wrong way.
Gone and Yet not gone
Divin Stormshadow

rules rules rules... you all worry entirly too much about rules, the trouble it could cause would be most of the fun, more then likly it wouldn't get either of you killed or anything so whats the big deal?
Divin Stormshadow
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

you are right. it probably would not get us killed. things are slightly more relaxed here then it was in midway.

and i'm not big on rules. just don't want the punishment for breaking them. we can't all disappear when ever we like. Though that would be a nice trait. i can do it a couple times a day but that's about it right now.
Gone and Yet not gone
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

"Slightly more relaxed? Im hurt. Actually I thought I saw Solari.. you guys playing Tag again? I've always wanted to play. whos it?

oh.. and what the hells an Urchinville?"
Divin Stormshadow

*taping sylas on the nose*

well I was "it"... now you are, but he didn't run all that far if you where intereested in chasing after him. That is a good question, what in blazes is a urchinville.... A ville of Urchin perhaps, but what kinda... the little spiky one you find in the water, those are fun, or like street urchins that run around and steal stuff, which could be fun too.... second though, who cares what the place is, where is it?
Divin Stormshadow
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

One of the fops at the bar takes a sip from his mug then turns toward Sylas.

“Ah, a pet name back in the Kingdom for the settlement where all those exiled beggars and thieves are congregating. Which now begs the question, what are they calling it out here?”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*From the top of the lodge Solari pokes his head into a window*
See Sylas! Your Kingdom doesn't even consider this place more than a dumping ground for their unwanted. Your king may possibly see more but his royals don't and neither do his subjects.

*Looking to the fop*
And here, it is being aptly called Harrison's Folly, who in their right mind thinks putting a bunch of people that have very good reason to despise you and your kin in one place unfettered and with no royal presence to speak of a good idea. *Sighs heavily* Such is the plight of most who dwell on Phantera, do what makes you most comfortable now and consider the consequences once it has caused you more distress. If I gave a wit about your kingdom I'd already be on my way to speak to the highest person in your system of superiority that I could to try to get them to see the error of their ways. Then again your system of random superiority also allows for them to slit your throat for even mentioning that they may have made a mistake, so I can certainly see the hesitation to do so.

Does noone see that the people of Midway became a possible threat to the King's rule? If all of those in Midway banded together they could have easily taken Silverthorn and whats left of his knights and that is the real reason that he made the offer to Midway. Do you see any other great heroes of the realm here? Did anyone that didn't live in Midway beforehand make the initial trk out here? Oh sure a few may have shown up that weren't from Midway, but those are just people that have heard the news and want to try and get in on the kings "blessings".
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle