The Bull
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

The Bull

Post by X-GM Fesko »

A caravan of three large ox-driven wagons rolls up the road to pause at Legacy. Soldiers line either side of the wagons – the steer-head sigil on their tabards indicating guardsmen of some obscure household. A small crowd of people follow closely behind the wagons – some dressed fairly well, others not so much. Seems a few families are among them. Leading the caravan on foot is a large man in heavy plate.

As the caravan halts, this man issues a few commands to his soldiers, then turns and strides up to the Inn.

“I’M CONTINUING NORTHWEST!” He bellows. “WHO CAN TELL ME THE LAY OF THE LAND?”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

Well hello there loud Sir. I could perhaps assist you in getting the Lay of the land so to speak, but to do so under such impolite conditions just wont suit me one bit. Please, come inside and see what this small town has to offer you. I am Vaellar, purvayor of magical oddities, formerly of Silverthorn but now of Legacy. Whom might I have the pleasure of making acquintance with?

*After introductions Vaellar will attempt to get the man to come inside the Inn*
The Gavin Legion
Greenie
Greenie

Post by The Gavin Legion »

*a ga'vin dressed in sand colored robes emerges from the bushes*

Me Ser'det.
You need way true oasis?
or de sand 'yond?
The backwards goblin
Lost in the desert
STS3(SS) Marchant
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The big man nods to the Guthrie. “Should I have broken some local taboo of silence, Vaellar, I trust you will forgive me. I am Gentleman Samson Bull. I find a loud voice garners fast results, and I wish to have my family settled quickly.”

Then to the Ga’vin. “That would be in the newest settlement – where the Kingdom’s castoffs congregate.”

To both:

“And so should you have the information I seek, there is no need for further plesantries. Point the way, tell me the travel time, and inform me of the nature of the route, and my caravan shall be on its way.”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
The Gavin Legion
Greenie
Greenie

Post by The Gavin Legion »

'orry noble sir *does a littel bow*

it dat way *points to the North west*

bout a third a day tra-vel

if yew get lost follow running water. town where running water starts from center of oasis.

if you entering swamplands you gone too far, turn back.

if you entering place where tall grass grows you too far, turn back head.... 'wards north by sunrise

land lay mmhr *makes a hand wavy motion*. lost of trees in dis oasis

if you at oasis center, and sunrise is to your right side, then you almost there.
that is if you tra-vel-ed third of day already.

ask for big man named They an dur *spells out Thander in dirt witha a stick* He other noble sir in place you go to.
The backwards goblin
Lost in the desert
STS3(SS) Marchant
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“Thandar? HA! A fool’s fool! Drunkard and letch! Laughing stock of the Kingdom! He was noble in blood only, and now not even that. His name and titles have been stripped – he is no more a Silverthorne Noble than you are. I’ll have no business with him. When I reach this outcast settlement, I shall be the only man of stature there, and as such shall have immediate ownership of it.”

“Thank you for the information, Ser’det.” Tosses a verlan to the Ga’Vin. “I now take my leave of Legacy to claim my Thanedom!”

He turns and strides back to the wagon column, calling for the caravan to form up and move out.
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*From a tree Solari starts laughing very loudly*
So how did you get so far into your kings bad graces that you were sent here?
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Bull stops to look upward. “Wasn’t the King. Duke Kendal. Killed a nephew of his at a tournament in Dorchak. Just an accident, I assure you, but was enough to get my entire household ‘relocated’.” His steel pauldrons rise and fall with his shrug. “But I just see it as a grand opportunity. Perhaps one day this will all be Duke Bull’s land – hold my own tournaments with my own rules.” Nods to himself. “Will have to have the Kendal’s over come that day.”
Solari Son of the Mother

I see, well welcome to the land of misfits, criminals, castoffs and forsaken by your king, and apparetnly your dukes as well. Good Luck, *looks over the # of Bull's men* You're probably going to need it. Just try and keep anymore... "accidents" from occuring.
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The Bull turns red and strides toward Solari's tree a couple of steps.

"You seek to lecture ME? Or perhaps that was a THREAT!? Come down here. Wood Elf, and put your stick where your mouth is! You will discover first hand just how easy you can die during a contest of arms!"
Lee Priest
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lee Priest »

*As Lee rounds the bend. The commotion between Man half-elf gets clearer. Smiling at the sight of this he remembers an Avian (Ebek) that ran into this quit often in his younger stages.*
Lee approaches the tree where the half-elf resides and looks up for a moment. Then looks to the man named Bull.

Pardon your words kind sir, but the elf was merely offering his words of opinion. If he is part of a Fellowship that has recently left the town of Midway then his words are more Wisdom and are not a lecture as you have stated. So take heed to him or any of the towns folk when they offer help both verbally and physically. Its usually reliable and it rarely comes free!

*I offer my hand to Bull in a friendly.*

The name is Lee Priest and I am here to check on the relocation activities coming this way towards Legacy. You may have offended someone but your lives have been spared. I can offer little but will aid where I can. How is your Family?
"Victory belongs to the most perservering and the best skilled.”
Lee Priest
Gladiator
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

Approaching the group, Kimberlyn looks around*

So, what all is going on around here?
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Bull ignores Lee’s hand. “These pansy Elves are always spouting off their ‘wisdom’ where it is least wanted! Now back away while I shut this one up!”

As a response to Kimberlyn’s question, he draws his sword as he focuses on Solari. “Why, a simple display of Human superiority, as I, Gentleman Samson Bull, put this Tree Elf in his place!”
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*Winter leans up against the Inn, her arms crossed as she stares at the newcomer with a raised eyebrow*

Oh, you'll get along here on this side of the Chaos Mountains quite well, I see.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Solari Son of the Mother

*Solari smiles down at Bull*
Not a lecture and certainly not a threat, simply some advice. You see, you are used to everyone respecting your title given to you by your king. Where you are headed that will not be the case, already one of the criminals has, what was it Kimbelyn, tried to turn you to bacon. Attacks that from the look of your men would have probably left you all as... well... bacon. And the commenbt about accidents was simply advice as well, if your rivals begin to have "accidents" I doubt it will be long before an "accident" befalls you. Silverthorne has very little presence here onthis side of the mountain, and when you are having trouble with your new lands, he will not send reinforcements as all of his soldiers on this side of the mountains fight to keep the Red Tear in check and cannot be spared to aid a "reassigned" noble and his crminal subjects. Surely these things have occurred to someone as wise as you obviously are, I merely am trying to remind you of these obvious things.