Dazed and confused... well maybe not so much confused.
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis chuckles at the interactions.

Ah Autumn, I never give out free information when a price can be had. However sometimes giving out information that is general knowledge, to one who did not know it, opens the door to future business transactions. As for it being dangerous, it's a bit too late for that...

Solari and I have a strange understanding. We both are on different paths, but those paths cross without opposing. We understand each other's paths, but do not follow them. Understanding works better sometimes, than even agreement.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*Vaellar looks at Solari*

I mean no disrespect to you Mr. Solari, but it has been my experience that to look into "Shadowy things" will oftentimes lead "Shadowy Things" to look into you. Since I have no desire to have "Shadowy Things" looking in on me, especially after seeing how the "Shadowy Things" looked in on Sylas and Vigvus this past moon, I will most regrettably have to decline to look into said "Shadowy things". However, if you can think of a use for my limited skills at reading the stars, that dont involve looking into "Shadowy Things", then I suppose I might be more inclined to assist you.

In short, my self preservation instinct thinks it would be a bad idea for me to investigate any such "Shadowy things", most especially "Shadowy worlds". Such things are better left for the heroes of Legacy. I am but a minor merchant trying to survive in this harsh land and large beetles, snakes, and spiders are plenty dangerous enough for me.
Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Faerykin »

*Autums chuckles at Vaellar*

There was that time I looked into someone to discover whether or not they were a Necromancer - and they looked back. That certainly wasn't fun.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Then there was that time we were helping a friend and a few of us were pulled into the dream... that really wasn't fun...
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

Daniel! You'd make a good essence warrior I think, especially since you've been a soldier before. I need to figure out how to shadowwalk. OH and do you have any protective potions for sale. And thank you for the offer.

*looks to Darthesis then Autumn*
Yes, we've had discussions on life a few times and we simply agree to disagree. I'll never convince him to change his ways and he'll never convince me to change mine and we're quite ok with that.
You still don't look convinced I'm myself, what would it take to convince you?

*Looks to Vaellar and chuckles slightly*
And your survival instinct brought you here near the front of battle with the Red Tear? *Chuckle and looks to Twilight* And you're wondering about ME. *Looks back to Vaellar* These "shadowy things" look to overrun Phantera, where you see life now they would make into death and undeath. Now, what do you think gives you a better chance to survive, helping people that don't harm living things win this coming war or let those with their twisted magics fueled by death and stealing life from others win? Those that take pleasure in the suffering and death of others?
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*Looks a little ashamed as he answers Solari*

"In all honesty this was not my choice to be here. When one is banished upon pain of death its not like us Guthries have many safe options. We dont exactly have our own kingdom to go to. I mean I suppose I could have headed to the Corsair Isles...but do you realize how they treat mages in those lands.

Now with regards to the shadowy things wanting to take over Phantara im afraid they must get in line cause the red tear has been working at it far longer then they have...I think, and they have yet to succeed. You see their are those who actively wear targets to let the shadowy things know they are enemies. Take Mr. Sylas for example...why just this past moon he was killed while sleeping in the jail by some shadowy thing. The shadowy thing passed right past my room on its way to Mr. Sylas's room. I take that as a sign that I am not being noticed by the dark shadowy things of this world and I rather like it that way.

Perhaps these shadowy things will succeed, perhaps they will fail, but I am one small Guthrie in a land of great and powerful heroes. I much prefer to remain unknown to the shadowy things if I can help it. I suppose you can rush the inevitable and draw the attention of the shadowy things....or one can be quiet and try to enjoy what life this world has left in it. I will gladly protect you with my magics if that would help, and I can even craft magical devices or scrolls to aid you...but to ask me to search the stars for information about these shadowy things is far to direct of an involvement for my liking.

The stars talk to everyone you know, not just me. If I can find out about Shadowy things, then shadowy things can find out that I found out about them...all they have to do is ask the stars just like I would. Im not good enough to tell the stars not to tell the shadowy things that I was asking about them...Perhaps a more skilled individual could hide that fact that they asked the stars any questions...but im alive because I know my limits.

Im sorry Solari, but I hope you can understand my stance."
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*Autumn looks to Vaellar then shrugs to Solari*

Yes, I still worry about you, Solari. Vaellar is a Guthrie. What do you expect? The Guthrie haven't survived this long by being overt.

*she shrugs again*

You should know by now that not everyone who works toward the Greater Good is one to rush head-long into battle. Every army needs their spies, healers, information-gatherers.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*Turns to Autumn with a look of shock on his face*

"Did you just call me a spy?!?!?!?"
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*Autumn scoffs*

Of course not!

*she winks*

I was referring to Ferran.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*To Vaellar*
This particular shadowy thing I'm trying to stop would certainly become a part of the Red Tear if it were to escape. But I appreciate your offer. And I think what happened to Sylas was some sort of retibution. Rumor has it that The Master perished soon after Ulric but that he walks Phantera once again. I think if it were just garnering notice from dark shadowy things they would not have passed me by that night.

*To Twilight*
Really, I am fine. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside that you worry about me though. *Gives her a cheeky grin and chuckles*
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

Rumor has it that The Master walks Phantera once again?

*Autumn's features still*

Let us hope that the individual who visited last moon claiming to be Stryder was not The Master in disguise. The enemy has walked among us often enough that would-be Heroes have blindly acted upon their deceptive words.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

I do indeed have some potions for sale. I would mostly be seeking to cover my cost since your quest is a most noble one. I have to pay the taxman after all, and pay for my equipment, and herbs. But for a cause such as this I would be more than willing to put profits aside... sorry Darth, I didn't mean to swear in front of you... *Daniel cracks the first little smile he has shown in weeks as he glances at Darthesis.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.