Missing Axes
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Missing Axes

Post by X-GM Fesko »

A brawny young lad steps into the Inn and declares:

“Those blasted criminals have nixed a bunch of our axes! Grabbed entire racks right out of our tool shed! We’ve got lumberjacks sitting on their arses today, me included, ‘cause we ain’t got enough gear ta keep everyone busy!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

His eybrows lower and his face reddens.

"What?! Ain't someone gonna do something about this?!?"
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

Mary stands up and walks over to the man with a glass of cool water for him.
"Please drink this, it's terribly hot out, you must be getting dehydrated, I know I am."
"My name is Maria Rocinante, I am the Head of House DeVris. I suggest that you seek out Sylas Hay or another member of Jakoric. I will as well. We will inform him of this situation and see what he can find out about it. Once the parties involved are found I may be of service to you. Should you wish to press charges, I will see that a trial is set up."

Seeing that this settles him very little, she speaks again.

"I'm afraid I'm not as skilled as the Jakoric members in finding lost or stolen items. But I'm happy to have pointed you in the right direction. You might want to return to the lumber jacks with a message of caution though. There are trees in the forest that are ...magical you might say. they are unhappy with the cutting of the trees in the area, and we are working on that problem as well.
I'm certainly not going to tell you to stop using wood, who amongst us could get by without it? I do advise that you select carefully the trees you fell, I can't tell you what will happen, but imagine getting hit with a 70 ft. club.
Our townsmembers are working out a solution that will make both these trees, and the new inhabitants pleased. "
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*walking in from outside hearing the tail end of the mans complaints and Mary's response*

I will ask the guard smith to make new axes for you until your axes can be found. I'll bring the axes to the logging camp when they are ready and I will bring more as they are made.
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“Thanks, Miss Rocinante. Yeah, there’ll be charges! Sneaky bastards didn’t even use the door! I know – I was one of the guys watching the shed through the night! Don’t know how they got in and out, but the axes were gone this morning just the same!”

“And – heh heh – yeah, we’re careful about our cutting. We ask each and every tree if they mind getting chopped. So far, none have complained! BWAH HA HA HA ha ha… Heh heh.”

Stops laughing and looks at the floor when he sees his sense of humor isn’t shared.

“Seriously, we do ask.”

Turn’s gratefully to Torvach as he approaches.

“Ah! The Captain of the Guard! Really? You’ll do that? You’ll replace our axes? That’s right decent of you and the guard – you folk are all right! Well, that squares that away. Pursue the criminals or not, doesn’t matter much to me anymore. But we’re posting the shed watch INSIDE the shed from now on! Bit stuffy, but I’d like to see those underhanded varmints steal them axes while we’re lookin’ at ‘em!”