Disappearances
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Junior repeats the story for the newcommers - Herb (a.k.a Paw) missing, staff found, sheep accounted for, tranquility of pasture undisturbed, yada yada yada.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*to Sylas*

So I would like you to look for magic.

*to Aroura*

You for healing and in case of an odd thought.

*to Kathryn*

And your help in tracking would be welcome.

*stands and turns to Junior*

Where is your pasture, your mother and you should probably stay here and calm down and of course it could be dangerous.
Draven darkheart
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Draven darkheart »

*looks at Torvach and says*

Mind if I tag along my services might be usefull ?
Life is a gift, so don't waste one second.

Legacey chapter leader of the Red & Black.
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*to Draven*

No reason you couldn't come. Everyone has there uses here.
Gone and Yet not gone
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Given directions on how to reach the pasture from Shepherd’s Down, the group exits the Inn and heads for the nearby village. They haven’t made it out of Legacy yet, however, when they meet a worried Farmer Harold.

“Constable!” He calls, taking off his hat and wringing it nervously in his hands before him. “It’s my wife, Alice. She’s vanished! She went out to get the sap at sunrise like usual, but never came back! When I went looking for her, I found only the empty buckets she was carrying! Please, can ya help me?”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks over at Sylas*

Humm...you might have you hands a bit full. Want me to go do the sensing stuff and you take care of this? Then again perhaps the two are connected.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*raises an eyebrow at Kimberlyn*

Perhaps?

*to Harold*

We are already on our way to check another dissapearance, tell us where your Alice was, or the buckets, and we will look into it as well. If you need, go get a drink from Bombour, tell him to take it off my tab.

*leans over and whispers to Sylas*
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*whispers back to Torvach*

*wipes the sleep from his eyes*
"I thought I saw Twilight? Anyone know where she went?"

*Yawns and stretches, bends over and notices his feet*
"Crap! Why didnt someone tell me I forgot to put on my boots?!"
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*almost on cue, Autumn re-enters the Inn and approaches Sylas*
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

After giving directions to his cottage, and from there to where he found the buckets, Harold trudges resignly up toward the Inn. On his way, a passing man with an axe slung over his shoulder calls to him.

"Hey, Harold! You haven't seen Brock, have you? He didn't show up at the lumber hall this morning. Figured he might be sick, so I went to check on him, but he's not home, neither."

Harold slowly shakes his head and continues on toward the Inn.

"Okay, then." said the Lumberjack as he, too, continues on his way, "I'm headed back to work. Let me know if you do see him, okay?"

The two men move off on their respective paths.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn frowns at the growing number of missing people, then looks way up at Torvach*

Well, do you think it's magical, brigands, monsters, or some combination of the three?
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*Torvach's expression grows serrious at the mention of the third missing person and at Kathryn's comment turns to her*

I'm more worried that I smell a rat, but we will check for tracks and magic and see what we see or don't see.
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The group proceeds to Shepherd’s Down, and from there to the pasture where Herb vanished. Old Man Jeb and his dogs are keeping track of the sheep for Ellen and Junior. He tips his hat to the quick response of the Law, and asks if Herb has turned up yet. The group replies in the negative, explaining the investigation is just starting.

From the fields, the group moves just into the woods, where they find Herb’s shepherd’s staff laying on the ground. From there, Kathryn searches for clues.

Zoiks!
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Kathryn soon finds a trail, though the tracks can’t be identified, looking more like they were formed by shapeless masses then hooves, paws, or feet. The departing tracks backtrack over the arriving ones, but its clear whatever came by left much heavier then when it arrived.

The group follows the tracks for awhile, all the while becoming more difficult to distinguish, as if the trail grows colder much faster than it ought to. The tracks are being obscured by new growth.

Eventually the trail is lost completely. By this time the group stands at the edge of a large glade, sparsely populated by young trees. Birds sing, squirrels chitter, and deer graze without a concern in the world. The group is overcome by a sense that this is a Very Old Place. That, and a sense of powerful malice. Though appearing serene and beautiful, the Glade is not at all welcoming.

The trees are roughly uniform in size, around 12 feet tall, and vaguely humanoid in form. All save one. On a hill in the center of the Glade stands a single gargantuan oak tree, shading nearly half the Glade beneath its canopy.
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*to no one in particular*
"Guess this means you owe me a pemb."

"Twilight. Aroura. Any suggestions?"