Immigration
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*to Kimberlyn though not taking his eyes off Thandar*

"Agreed"
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn smiles at Sylas*

Nice to see us on the same page.

*She begins searching the body of the rogue magi.*
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

Thandar, have you any papers from Harrison or his men? Surely passing this crowd through the mountains would have afforded us some courtesy. Our members of DeVris and Jakoric should be fully aware of the citizens meant to settle within our bounds. We have been asked to forge new lands for our King, yet they will be sullied by ...well...it was certainly not Elrich's intention to eliminate one evil to stew another pot.

*She stares intently and quizzically at the man. Unblinkingly, she waits for an answer.*
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*closes his eyes and sighs*
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Thandar archs an eyebrow at Sylas. "If you know of a better way across the Chaos Mountains, please be so kind as to inform the keep on the far side. I'm sure future settlers would appreciate a path where they aren't likely to end up something's dinner."

Then turns to Mary, an edge creeping into his jovial demeanor. "The only thing we carry from the good Duke is the second chance he, in his infinite mercy, has granted us - the very one that has claimed a dozen or so lives this day, and leaves us in the wilderness with naught food, water, tools, nor clothing. Surely I can vouch for his courtesy!"
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

My point being, Master Thandar, that since we are the established group of settlers and house members out here, we are the likely source to help these people getting settled. I, for one, would like to know more about who we are helping, and what resources they bring to the table. If they have any skills we can better put them to use. Those without skills will be taught to survive though farming and building.

None here that I know of mind giving a leg up to a man or woman who is trying to change their lives, but there is no point in trying to reinvent the wheel.

Your people should know that I have also extended right to trial and human protections to those of other races. As head of House DeVris, I am impartial to race, but not to criminal schemes and activity. If they do not extend respect to those of other races, none will be given to them. As you said, this is a place for second chances.
Legacy Chapter
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*to Mary*
'We kinda covered this once already. Torvach was having the Guards get a list of names (though doubtlesly many of those will also be 'new') and potential skills. When it is finished I will gladly share this information with you. The reason I asked again of the pass..'
*signals to Thandar*
'.. was that if they came thru Taragon then surely the Baron is aware of it. I will go and see if anyone in Taragon thinks we should be in the loop, and if we should be expecting more soon.

*to Thandar*
'Good luck to you and your people. *narrows eyes* Keep a close eye on them'

*loudly to the crowd*
'By right of being here you have earned your second chance. Do Not squander it! Welcome to the new world!'
Draven darkheart
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Draven darkheart »

*looks at Sylas* Yes trust me I will bee keeping an eye on them for the good of the town and when you return I would like to have a meeting with you Sylas if you don't mind?
Life is a gift, so don't waste one second.

Legacey chapter leader of the Red & Black.
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Thandar bows before Mary. “We would assuredly be most pleased and thankful for any and all assistance you deem fit to offer. Unfortunately I fear you will find your court very busy in the near future, regardless.”

Then to Sylas. “Oh, Baron Von Droven most certainly knows of the situation. He’s transformed his Keep into a thoroughly impressive processing center. That is were we received our spectacular body art. A symbol of restraint and captivity is an inspiring and motivational choice, is it not?”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*The little Guthrie moves over towards Mary Baker and quietly speaks with her, after a few moments he drops to his knees and reaches out towards Mary's legs and a few words can be heard including* "Bad Lady, Promise, Kill, Promise, Bacon, Promise but other then that its hard to make out the specifics."
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn looks at Mary.*

What the...? What's going on?
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

*The little Guthrie realizing he was overheard quickly scurries behind Mary's legs using her like a wall to sort of shield himself he peers out from around her keeping his eyes on Kimberlyn, or more specifically her swords*
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

It seems the nature of your position has scared my friend here. Have you met Vaellar? He is quite a talented being. Last summer he helped this town out greatly, and I value his quick thinking.

Before you go all whoo-doo on him why don't you introduce yourself to my friend?
Legacy Chapter
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Granted I have had a lot on my mind lately with training and all, but I do seem to recall meeting him before. Not only that but I have his paperwork from the Guild of Magi right here identifying him as a registered mage so he does not have anything to fear from me.

*Looks at the Guthrie*

I do not know if you remember me, but I am Kimberlyn Darksbane, Mage Hunter of House DeVris. I did not intend to frighten you, but I was in essence just doing my job and upholding the area of the law I know well.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe
Vaellar
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vaellar »

While never taking his eyes off Kimberlyns swords the little Guthrie stammers, "But...but...

you...

his head....

Lightning bolt...

Air mage...

me...

Head...

Like"