An elf quietly enters the Inn
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by T'ari'Elena Aranor »

Though T'ári'Elena was inclined to laugh at Sylas' pun on her lauguage, his previous assumption that she was there to be a prostitute kept her from doing so.

To kind Balthazar she explained, "Melith nin means 'my friend,' in my tongue. If you would like, I could perhaps be persuaded to teach thee a few polite phrases." She smiled. "It would go far to impress any elf you meet if thou can speak their language. We are an easily amused folk that way." And the elvenwoman laughed.

"I myself came here to lend what aid might be needed in the adventurer's haven, among other things. The world is changing, and it is in thin place, methinks, that the great deed to determine the future will come to pass." There was a seriousness in her words, which she did not intend, but it was in her nature. She was thoughtful for a moment, then smiled.

"But anyway, let us speak of less weighty things, my reasons for being here are my own, after all." She took a drink of her whie and gave Balthazar a winning smile. "Tell me, is there a Healer's Guild in this town? Or perhaps a Scout's Guild? I should like to offer my services to both if they have openings."
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

Well as far as the Healers and Charities guild goes you should talk to that man. *points to Sylas and giggles* though for the life of me I can't figure out how he is the head of a guild that he knows only little about. *whispers in her ear* He really isn't that bad once you get to know him. *Normal Voice* As far as Scouts that would be our fine constable Mohdri, and thank you I would like to learn more of your language but at the present time I have my hands full learning how to be more effective in My House.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Correction

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Speaking up at Balthezars suggestion*

"Correction, I am the head of the 'Charities Guild' It is an unfortunate circumstance that the Healers, and Charities guild is connected. The afor mentioned 'Mohdri' is for all intents and purposses the 'Head of the Healers Guild'. He has complete autonomy to do as he chooses as far as the Healer Guild is concerned."

*to T'ari*

"If you are looking to join a Guild have you thought about the Sensualists?"
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of CARPs or of the invisible men that follow him around.
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks over at T'ari*

If you are looking to become a member of the Scouts Guild, Mohdri is the head, but you just so happen to be talking to a member of the Scouts Guild right now.

I can tell you more about it when you have the time.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

T'ári graced Balthazar with a smile. "Thy House? And of what noble House are thou a member?" She listened to his explination, then turned her keen eyes on Sylas.

"Healer, yes, Scout, yes..." and then her jade eyes took on a dangerous light, "Whore, I think NOT." Though she said it politely, it was clear even the mention of prostitution bothered the slight elf a great deal. There was a dark pain in her eyes, and even the most blunt could see she took not only offence at the mere suggestion, but deep hurt as well.

However, her voice resumed its normal quiet softness and the sharp edge left her eyes when she continued speaking to Sylas. "If thou could point me in the direction of this... Modhri I would be very grateful. For you see, I am a healer, and scout by nature. Though I am new here, I should like to aid if I am able, for such is my way."

She smiled at Kimberlyn, seeing in the woman a quiet strength... and deep sorrow. It was a thing she understood well, and so on an unspoke level, she related to the warrior woman. "Tell me, Mistress, are there other Wood Elves about this area? I have seen few of my kin in my travels of late, for my work seems to keep me in the city and away from their usual domains. I have heard, however, that this was a place where even nonhumans had protection under the law, and where they were accepted. Perhaps, I thinght, this may have drawn others of my like here as well."
FloggdaGreen
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by FloggdaGreen »

*the 8ft Orc, rises from his seat, ducking to avoid hitting his head and horns on the rafters. He moves toward the door, a large sword strapped to his back, and a maul in his hand (anyone who's seen it before recognizes it as Cohg's maul)*

See yuse guys later. Flogg gots some stuff ta look inta. *turns to the elf lady* Flogg see yuse later too. Flogg be pretty good in da woods. We talk more when Flogg get back, and when Flogg find out what happen to friend. *there is a fire in Flogg's eyes that tell of great pain and violence to the guilty party or parties involved*

Bee see yuse all.
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

My House, why I serve the King through House Mandalor, tis but my small way of keeping our society vital.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

whoa, whoa, wait a minute!

Post by Sylas Hay »

*speaking in haisty dismisal* "And my House is the House of the People, but lets go back to the whole whore thing for a moment"

"I hope that wasnt the sound of distain in your voice when you said the word. If you have skills in healing, and think of yourself as a healer, then by all means employ yourself as a Healer! And know that I respect your decission to do so. Of course I expect the opposite to also hold true. I have skills in the arts of the Sensual, I think of myself as being capable of Sensuality, And I imploy myself thus.

*looming across the table*
"Do NOT look down on me, or those I employ!"

*relaxing, and using a sing song voice*
"now, can I offer you a drink?"
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of CARPs or of the invisible men that follow him around.
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

T'ári'Elena Aranor Leaned back a bit when Sylas loomed over her, an unreadable look on her face. She was silent for a moment after he finished speaking, not quite sure what to say. T'ári was not used to being around people enough to have them become angry with her. The elf took a deep breath before speaking.

"You must forgive me, mellon nin, for what I said was thoughtless and illmanored. I should not have spoken to thee so." She rose and bowed by way of oppology. "Please let me explain myself only in that I have had some... unpleasant experiances with those who would take... liberties with my person..." She was pale, and it was clear that she had not ment to tell these people she hardly knew anything of her past. "However, I had not ought to have assumed such of thee. Pray forgive an elf her long ages of set ways."

T'ári smiled softly, hoping that all would be forgiven. she did not like to upset people, and felt a very deep pain at the thought of causing any other living thing personal pain. She cursed herself for not being more careful about what she let herself say, and vowed to keep her thoughts and feelings more under control.

"Is that drink still being offered?" She asked with a smile. "And pray, tell me of thy House, for if it is of the People it must be a noble House indeed."
Mohdri
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Mohdri »

*at the mention of Mohdri's name, an orange and blacked striped house cat leaps on to the table and begins purring*
Arienna
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Arienna »

*At the sight of the pretty little housecat, the elf girl cries out in a bit of startled delight. She wriggles her fingers in an attempt to beckon it to her, offering a little Felinas mew. Her head turns to the bar*

"Bombour, have you any milk I could offer to this little tiger?"
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*hearing and feeling the tension rise in the room, Kathryn sets her book and cup down on the bench and rises. She goes over to Sylas and loops her arm through his, and gives his beard a gentle tug*

Sylas, please don't take offense... It would seem T'ari'Elena has had a rough time of it when it comes to her personal life. I'm sure she meant no harm, but rather spoke while thinking of her past. Please, won't you come back over and keep me company?

*she playfully smiles*

Dietrich does neglect me dreadfully lately.
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Cavalier of House DeVris
OOG Management Team
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Still smiling after his offer of a drink*

"A drink was offered and I always keep my word. And almost anyone in this room can testify that I rarely if ever hold a grudge long. In this case it is already forgoten. I would love to tell you more about my House, and indeed my Guild, so that you may understand both, and then make your decision on there worth, but I assure you I brook no "taking of liberties in my Hall. *at the beard tug* Ouch! well it appears I will have to tell you more about it later, My presence is being requested alsewhere. *pointing at the cat on the table.* In the mean time here is Mohdri, feel free to discuss your interest in the Healers, and scouts guild with him. *smiling at the cat* And if that milk doesnt suit your tastes, I'll tell bombour to have a mug of your own ready on my tab. I still owe you one."
*wanders off with Kathryn*
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

T'ári'Elena Smiled softly as Sylas made his way out of the Inn with the Lady, and made a slight bow to the Lady for being so very keen to pick up on her feelings. These people were far mor preceptive than she had given them credit for.

She then turned her attention to the lovely feline walking across the table. She had never seen a small a house cat look so much like a tiger, but her keen wood elven senses told her there was far more to this cat than met the eye.

She rose a delicate eyebrow and laughed softly. "Thy guild head is a feline? This is a remarkable town indeed, " she said in jest. She put a delicate hand to the beautifully stripped feline and scratched him behind the ears. His responding purr pleased her to no end.

"Well," she said to the cat as if he were a person, for she was well aquainted with those in tune with nature and the animal world, "I would like to aid this town as I am able. I am a healer of some skill, and a scout as well. Are there rules for practicing one's arts in this town? I should like to make sure that I adhere to the laws of this town, for things change from town to town."
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Hmm, well what I can tell you is that without membership in the scouts guild or a writ for such services you may not charge for those services, the same is true for the Healers guild as well. I can't speak for our Constable here but you seem a worthy person, so I would think that membership in those guilds would be forthcoming and writs will not be needed. But if you find yourself wanting to do more things in this town and earn a wage for them just let me know and I'll get you the proper writs, don't want one so beautiful in the brig..err jail it just wouldn't do.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre