A fond farewell
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

A fond farewell

Post by Jack of Spades »

*Jack stands on a table in the center of the Inn and smiles at all inside*

My friends, I have a few things I want to say to all of you. I just don't know what words to use.

*Jack's smile fades for a moment then returns*

I have to leave and, I don't know when I will be able to return. All of you have become an important part of my life. I will miss the times we had and, the times I won't get to have. It has been the greatest honor of my life to fight beside you.

To my friends, I love you all. You are what I am fighting for, you are the reason I will take up arms and serve my kingdom. Just know, that should it be my fate never to return, that my time with you has been the greatest of my life. My last thoughts will be of you, and how each of you in your own way have made me a better man.

So please, if I fall, do not be sad for me, instead smile, laugh and, love. Live life each day, live right up to the hilt and, may light always guide your steps.
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Lifts his glass

"Well said, my friend."
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Mary Baker »

Goodbye Jack. I had hoped you'd stay and learn all the workings of the law. I guess now you will learn the way of the sword. I am sure you will become a great asset to the King's army. Watch your back, and guard your side.

Travel safe and return soon.
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter