The Blood Moon
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

The Blood Moon

Post by Jack of Spades »

I was wondering how many people live in this place give or take? How many fighting men and women do we have to protect them? How many more can we get? I may be acting a little paranoid but I have seen Midway during the blood moon. This little paradise will be worse I would think.

What plans are there to help protect the people of this land? We need to discuss this before the time to do it comes.
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
Vosh
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vosh »

We dessstroy thossse who threaten.
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*from above in the rafters*

You are asking questions that won't get you the answers you want. The more important first question is "who will be in town this moon?" from that answer you can then break up the people into what they do and what they will do. but as a general rule most of the people here take care of others be it for a price or just to protect. So it'll all depend who is in town.
Gone and Yet not gone
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** From a corner of the Inn, Darthesis's voice emerges.

I'm assuming the town council will handle such calculations as part of their meeting two days from now. I will be in town to observe what is going on and most likely to aid. I don't think people have any confusion as to what form my aid will take and that if properly requested, what I can handle.

I do indeed hope there is a large turnout from protectors, as it seems clear that those needing protection will be a large number AND will have great needs.

*** Darthesis steps out and turns to Jack

Since the information is not worth anything, I offer this. The number of peasants in the immediate area is just above 200, and they are attempting to form a small village a small distance away totaling 50 or so more. I do not know the status of that village. Of course, there are always loggers and farmers spreading out in the surrounding area as well. There are still large numbers of military convoys, but I would expect we can count on them to protect themselves.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Raven
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Dancing in the shadows of twilight...or behind thee

Post by Raven »

I will protect if I may, from the shadows, though neither friend nor foe may see me. Unless my fate is met of course. Then trip gently and carry me to a kinder bed, fleeing hence immediately to avoid the wrath and interrogation of my husband, bane of all rabid puppies...

*She finally takes a grateful pull on the elvish wine that Jack had set before her, and eyes it slant-wise as though expecting something stronger...

*Cursing softly* "I drink too much of his ale and it frees my tongue when I least expect. My quota of words for the moon is well met..."
"...in moonlight and shadow..."
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

*Jack laughs softly and holds his glass up looking into the wine*

To much to drink during dangerous times is also dangerous, hence the wine. It was nice talking to you Raven, we should do it again sometime.

*Jacks bows his head to her and gets up from the table walking back to the bar*

Darthesis, thank you. Information from you is always welcome.
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
Raven
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Dancing in the shadows of twilight...or behind thee

Post by Raven »

*Raven lets out a low laugh*

"I assure thee that the Elven wine was most welcome. Stronger drinks can indeed be dangerous, and seem to have longer lasting effects than I knew...Ah, well. Everyone always complained that I was too quiet before. It was a pleasure, Jack."

She suddenly pauses in the middle of another sip, becoming unnaturally still. Then draining the rest of the drink, she fluidly stands.

In a very low, soft voice, "It would seem the time approaches. Back to the shadowy woods of my vigil...I will do what I may in my way."

She nods to all and glides swiftly out, hands near the hilts of her twin blades, eyes holding a predatory gleam.
"...in moonlight and shadow..."