Sabin walks into the inn with Haste...
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by T'ari'Elena Aranor »

T'ári laughed softly at Sabin's remark. "Yes, actually, I do. But then, I am Elvenkin, and tis for and by us made. I have heard that it can have... odd effects on those not elven." She smiled and turned her attention back to the ever flattering Ara Moore.

"My thanks, Ara Moore. If there is any aid that I might give thee, lore or healing wise, be not afraid to call upon my services. My skills are thine to call upon." She drank her wine happily, finally at ease. She was beginning to like it in Midway.

"You have but to tell me when thou are ready to recieve the message I bear and we can go someplace thou wish to talk."
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*sighs at Thomas' comment about the short arm of the law*

You never really have understood the power of DeVris, have you? May I remind you that you are able to recieve spells and magical weapons by my leave? I don't think we have to go into the messy details of your past here and now....

As for your direct question, you are only partially correct. Magistrates may not hold trials outside of the boundries of a town. However, that's where a cavalier, such as Ghost, steps in. They are responsible for upholding the law as they see fit outside of the boundries of the town, often holding trials on the spot, without the benefit of Jakoric's aid.

*pauses and looks across to the rest of the patrons of the inn, especially Zero and Sabin*

Justice is best left in the hands of DeVris, for misjustice at your hands will surely cause a trial for you.

*sighs and goes back to reading her book*
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Matt Meyer
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Matt Meyer »

* Tom smiles at Kathrin *

"The details of my past will never come back to haunt me.Hows yours?"

* Turning to his elvin companion*

"Shall we go someware more private to talk? say the fire looks inviting."
" Dont let the bastards get you down!"-Tom
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*returns Tom's smile, knowing full well every nuance of his meaning*

Quite fine, thanks for asking.

*puts down her book and starts to play with the new wedding ring on her left hand*

Thomas, I don't think you want to start anything, do you? We've always gotten along, I would hate to see that change.

By the way, how is Skumm doing now-a-days? I hear they took you back, after your travels. It's interesting that as soon as you arrived in town, they came straight to me to ask about you. Such a tight-knit group, always looking out for each other. I'm glad you have that because not everyone does. *again she glances over to the overzealous Zero*

Let's play nice, shall we? It does make for more pleasant conversation.
Kathryn Skress
Matt Meyer
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Matt Meyer »

* Tom smiles politly back at Kathrin*

"I wouldnt call it getting along as much as putting up with eachouther, and SKUMM is fine thanks."
" Dont let the bastards get you down!"-Tom
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*looks back up from her book*

You say potatoe, I say potato.

*takes a sip of her drink and glances to the new elven woman waiting for Thomas*

I hope the news is good.

*goes back to her book*
Kathryn Skress
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Before heading outside, Kimberlyn looks over to Thomas*

Hey, smile. Your past is just that your past. Do not let the mention of it bother you for you have changed from who you once were. A lot of us have and for some it has been for the better and well as for others...

Anyway, why don't you take this elven woman out for a tour of Midway. Show her some of the sites and dazzle her with your charm. Go and have fun.

As for me...I do believe I need to be heading off to the fire to meet someone so I will talk to you later Tom. You just keep on smiling and enjoy the company.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Zero
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Zero »

*Zero looks around the bar*

"Well,Sabin shall we be off hunting for these thieves?Actually...hmmmm.......I have a better plan.It seems that they knew Arienna's name and also mine as well.....it seems they have a greater purpose here in midway....It's just our job to find out what.I'd rather find one of them and follow them to their quarters,that way we can get a party together and put an end to this mess."

*Zero awaits*
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by T'ari'Elena Aranor »

T'ári Watched the by play between the two humans with an intence look on her ageless face. Though it might seem harmless, she could feel the tention behind the words. These two were long rivals, that much she could very clearly sense. Under the table she took Thomas' hand and squeezed it. She did not wish to see him recklessly cause himself any trouble becasue of words spoken in the heat of the moment. This Midway subterfuge was over her head, but not beyond her understanding of its possible implications.

"Ara Moore," she said softly, "Let us go and speak of matters which have brought me here. I am sure this noble lady means nothing but good will, and I know you mean only the same in return." There was a plea in her jade eyes, for she did not wish to see him cause any unrest with his sharp wit. "The evening is beautiful, and I do very much delight in walking beneath the bright stars. Let us go, as you say, and leave the noble Lady in good health and peace." She bowed to Kathryn, whom she had sensed was a great power in the town, and made her way out of the Inn and into the beauty of the night.

Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn and Thomas confer briefly in private, and the tension seems to leave Kathryn. She smiles after him as he leaves, shaking her head and smiling with mirth rather then tension. She then returns to her reading*
Last edited by Kathryn Skress on Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathryn Skress
Sabin Remson
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Sabin Remson »

"uhhhhhhhhhhh...."

*Sabin Begins to fall asleep, then is startled again by Zero's Prescence*

"BAH! :shock: ZERO! :x Don't do that, you scare me all the time! So, I hear yer now able to take care of yerself nowadays, eh? Well, you just give me a few more months, and I'LL be just as strong, hah! :wink: Though, I'm slowly progressing, I'll be able to help you much! 8)
"Nobody Said the Life Of A Warrior Was Going To Be Easy..."
Gorrick
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Gorrick »

(After about an hour gorrick enters the inn looks around then fixes on sabens friendly face)

Hello my name is Gorrick i am hapy to see the humans i have met so far have been nice.

(Gorrick then graples onto sabins body and gives him a great big warriors hug)

i would like ot know if you would hang out with me seeing as i am new and all.i don't have many friends.
Zero
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Zero »

*Zero glances at Sabin as he begins to doze off once again.*

:x "SABIN!!!!WAKE UP!!! We have a new person in town who is trying to get around and know the people!Why don't you introduce him to some people?!?!?!?!?! Alright then,now,what is your name young adventurer?I am called Zero, the magi around here are fairly nice,but some of the townsfolk can be quite rude.....don't take this personally,they're just doing their job or are in a bad mood.....or in Sabins case sometimes,they could just be drunk."

*Zero sits down at the table.*
Sabin Remson
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Sabin Remson »

*Sabin Frownes at Zero's Remark, then turns towards the newcommer to midway, Gorrick, and clears his throat*

"Ahem! :o ... Ok, I don't have much to do, and you COULD possibly join the new guild that is being made. I don't know fer sure, but i'm sure we can work something out. Oh, and uhh, Zero...I'M NOT DRUNK!!! :roll: , I'm just relaxing a little bit, that's all. 8)
"Nobody Said the Life Of A Warrior Was Going To Be Easy..."
Gorrick
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Gorrick »

(Gorrick looks at zero with a look of friendship in his eye)

My name is gorrick it is verry nice to meet you Zero

(Gorrick then uses all his stength to grab sabin and zero for another hug)

wow i really can't belive how nice you guys are,between you and kimberlyn i am going to be real happy here.