ToeVass tales Volume One March 1005
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

ToeVass tales Volume One March 1005

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Legacy, a New Beginning for all:

In the months leading up to the move wagon upon wagon was loaded with supplies and labs. We had been called to move to the new lands and settle them in the name of our glorious king Silverthorne. The first to arrive were soldiers and engineers. They would be needed to clear some of the rougher parts of the new territory. Then would come the adventures, men and women brave and strong, quick and smart alike would move into the new sacred place, a new home.
Heeding the call the majority of the citizens of that backwater town of Midway, took up their stakes, that had only a few years gone been laid down and proceeded to the front of the caravans, to protect the settlers that were coming along, for in the end adventures come and go but the farmers and guildsmen are what makes up a real nation. Long after the last monster has been slain, and the last cave has been scoured, smithies and bar keeps would remain to perform their trade. But before that is done there will be many great a story to be written about the deeds that have yet to be done. It is in this hour that a low ranking member of the house of history moved along to keep a record of the new great adventures and the tales anew that they would create.

As dusk settled over the large building that had been built by the lumberjacks who first arrived the heroes, weary from travel, laid down pallets and blankets to get some rest. It would be a cold bitter night, and for most there would be little sleep. Shortly after they had arrived the great Barron General VonDroven appeared, with his honor squad, to give instructions to those who had come. The people were to do as they saw fit, and if the need should arise they were to make determinations on formation of a town. He wished the people luck and informed those present that they would have to make due on their own for a while, and the new land was still wild and unsettled. Then after a toast he left.

But the people were wasting no time with and before the night was fully upon them they had formed ever house in the new land. All that remained was a simple matter of the paperwork passing the national charters approval. With that in mind a guilds representative was elected and a counsel meeting was held. Thought the meeting was open to the public, parts of it were on topics this historian is unsure of the delicacy and as a result will have to be given in the oral form rather than printed for all to read. But as a first few orders of business for this new counsel a name was chosen for the new town. After hours of debate the name was to be the Town of “Legacy.” It was mean to honor the great gift that had been given to all those who dwell here. For in the end one mans great sacrifice was the cause for so much joy and hope, and to him we raised our glasses high.

The Great Barron General appointed the new constable, and a unanimous show of support was given to him. Once again the free people of Silverthorne supported as Constable, Sylas Hay. Taking up his position Sylas appointed the barbarian warrior Torvach as the Captain of the town Guard. The curent counsel consists of:

DeVris: the Mage Hunter Kimberlyn Darksbane
Mandalor: the Guthrie Ferran Well
Jakoric: the Constable Sylas Hay
ToeVass: the historian Daniel Lockheart

These members ask that any new adventures who wish to inquire about house membership please come to them to discuss the open ended possibilities of joining. If this list should need updating my replacement or if I still hold this position will update this list as soon as possible. Further with the permission of the bar keep a current list of these people and their positions will be posted in the inn, so that at anytime those seeking to speak with the counsel can be reached.

In addition the represented guilds voted and they appointed the fifth member of the counsel. None other than our Barkeep has filled that prestigious honor: Bombour Stoutbringer. We ask that you extend to him the curtsey that is due not only the best ale maker in Phantara, but also a member of the governing counsel.
These guilds are currently represented and I call upon the citizens of Legacy to assist me in filling in any missing guild leader names and currently represented guilds. They are as follows along with other political possitions:

Royal Alliance 1 Duchy of Silverthorn:
Royal Alliance 2 Duchy of Susspin/ Duke Ironheart:
Royal Alliance 3 Duchy of Dorchak/ Duke Kendall:
Royal Alliance 4 Duchy of Gilbain and the Duchy of Bonnifus/ Duke Harrison:

DeVris: Kimberlyn Darksbane
Jakoric: Sylas Hay
Mandalor: Ferran Well
ToeVass: Daniel Lockheart

Alchmist: Fergus Murphey
Armor and weapons:
Carpenters & Masons
Charities & Healers
Diviners: Daniel Lockheart
Drovers/ Shipping
Food Stuffs and Brewing: Bombour Stoutbringer
Gems, Jewelers, and Luxury goods: Bombour Stoutbringer
Mages guild: Twilight
Mercenaries: As follows:
-Fidelis Pro Aurum - as part of it's national charter
-The Red & Black - as a local chapter only
Messengers: Mohdri
Scouts: Mohdri
Scribes/ Booksellers

I believe there were a few others, however, I am unsure which and the leaders names escape me at present. Please let me know so I can update this list. It is my hope that we will shortly have the names of all representatives available to all so as to encourage membership in these fields.

In the early hours of the morning the counsel adjourned and rested for it was brought out during the meeting that the following day there would be battle against the new town. After a hearty breaking of the fast the adventures prepared to protect to ambassador while he cast his spells. Legions of darkness, in the high noon of the day, came up from the ground and were held back by the heroes but at a cost of many a life. In the heart of battle a Necromancer appeared and single handedly slew several of the new town’s members. In the end the spell was completed and the fallen raised. We broke for feasting and knew with a sense of greater peace that as the sun shown down upon us, and the fogs cleared away this new town would be everything its name implied.
Welcome to the LEGACY of Sir Alric, welcome home.

Scribed by: Daniel Lockheart
Keeper of the seventh Tomb of house ToeVass
In the year of our lord March 1005 Post Essence Wars.
Last edited by Daniel Lockheart on Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Bombour Stoutbringer
The Barkeep
The Barkeep

I am also..

Post by Bombour Stoutbringer »

I am also the head of the new Legacy chapter of the GEms and Jewlers guild, Daniel. You can update your records thus.
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."

Bombour Stoutbringer Kings-Brewer of the Draconis Clan

Head of the Foodstuff & Brewers Guild
Head of the Luxury Items Guild
Daniel Lockheart

Done, and pray tell what was the name of that elf fellow with the red features that helps you tend the bar? I believe he was the Arcon of the mages, if I am not mistaken.
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Faerykin »

*Autumn looks over from her place near the fire*

You speak of Talis Runeforge. Unfortunately, it was discovered that he had not the Skill necessary to establish the Mages Guild here in Legacy. So, the duty has once again, fallen upon myself.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Daniel Lockheart

Thank you, I have updated the list.

Is Talis Runeforge the head of the Armor and weapons?
Paladin of Order
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

Either he or Barnabas Vulcan. I am uncertain which of the two established that Guild here ... but I believe it to be the latter.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Daniel Lockheart

Hmm, I knew it was between the two of them, but had thought that it was Talis. I will wait until I know for sure before updating the lists, so as to avoid later confusion.
Paladin of Order
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Be it known that two mercenary companies were also formed this moon in Legacy.

Fidelis Pro Aurum - as part of it's national charter

The Red & Black - as a local chapter only
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Fergus Murphey
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Alchemists guild

Post by Fergus Murphey »

I have also started the Alchemists guild
"Up to the lips and over the gums, look out liver here it comes."
"You can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day if you don't start in the morning."
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*From in a corner writing in a black leather journal*

Noted, thank-you Fergus.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Daniel Lockheart

Fergus,

Good to hear, I would like to transfer my memberhsip to this towns local chapter.
Paladin of Order
Daniel Lockheart

All thanks, I have updated what has been given, please keep them coming in. I would like to post an updated list each moon, for all new comers to ease their entrance.
Paladin of Order
Mohdri
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Mohdri »

I have reestablished my place as Scouts guild head, as well as the head of the Messengers guild.
FloggdaGreen
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by FloggdaGreen »

Hey Mohdri. Flogg need talk to yuse outside when yuse gets time.
Member of Rukuss
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Member of Scouts Guild
Fallen friends and family are never gone so long as we keep their names in our hearts and our love for them fresh in our minds.
The curse lives on.
Daniel Lockheart

Good, that has been added, Mohdri, could you spell your last name for me?

thx
Paladin of Order