Traveler
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Traveler

Post by GM Evan »

*A man enters the inn and sits down at the bar with a heavy sigh*

"I'll take a few drinks, barkeep. I could use them - only, is there a friendly sort here that might pay for them? I seem to have lost my caravan."
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*rooks looks over to the bar from his conversation with Llyshon*

"Mylo, let this man partake of a few drinks from my tab tonight."
Rooks Bloodsinger Reayvalynn
Destined
Grand Magi
Lightbringer
Grand Sky Marshall
Mountain Slayer
Diplomat to Alleria
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Member of the Scribes guild
Councilman of the Mages guild
Mylo Fynnigan
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Mylo Fynnigan »

*Mylo wakes up from the chair he has been snoozing in behind the bar, and pulls the man an ale.*

*He slides it across the bar sits back down and goes back to sleep.*
"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty ... and the pig likes it."
Jonathon Sher
Rowen Kane

Post by Rowen Kane »

loseing you caaravan well i must say that i have never heard that before, where did you lose it and do you need help getting it back?
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon glances over at the man in mild interest and nods towards him. He smiles as Rooks speaks, and says quietly, "You are indeed generous Rooks, but there is a fund set up in the inn for such a purpose."

He walks forward a few steps and seems to size the man up. Smiling towards him, the squire inquires, "Sir, perhaps you would care for food as well? This we will be happy to provide, and it may make the telling of your tale easier."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

The man turns to Rowan*

"My name is Oliver Felkor, and I appreciate your interest."

*He then turns to look at Lyshon. "Thank you very much, I would partake of some bread if you should have any. It generally goes well with a nice ale and I dont mean to impose."

*Once the man has a drink or two inside of him and some bread to nibble on he will begin to tell his tale*

"I'm a simple merchant from Portsend, and I thought to bring some city goods out to these parts - only recently my caravan was attacked by a small group of bandits. I was fearful of creatures in this area, as I've heard some pretty nasty rumors, so I'd hired a dozen guards to accompany me. It was pricy, but worth the trouble, I thought. Not long ago, when we were on the trial to this very town, I heard shots of alarm from outside. I was inside my wagon, you see, and before I could look out to discover the trouble, I heard an explosion and felt a great burst of warmth around me. When I did look out I saw that most of my guards were rather singed, and there was a single gnome chuckling, and blowing smoke from his finger. I immediately ran, and looked back to see a large orc rush out of the woods - the few guards left standing tried to fight him, but from little I saw they were smashed down in a few seconds. I only ecsaped because - well, I'm rather good at escaping. I'm a merchant after all, and that's just something you learn to do after years of merchanting and years of being hassled by bandits. I can't imagine that any of my guards survived. I do wish I could have done something to help. Anyway, that's my story."
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

How long ago did all of this happen, and can you take us there?
Destined
Grand Magi
Lightbringer
Grand Sky Marshall
Mountain Slayer
Diplomat to Alleria
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon raises an eyebrow at the man's description and grunts*

An Orc and a Fire-Mage Gnome working together to rob a caravan?

*He motions at the notice posted by the messenger a few weeks ago*

Two members of the mercenary band, "An Orc and 6 feet" by the sound of it. It appears as if they are operating in this area.

*Llyshon turns and looks to Rooks* Is there a tracker in this area of reasonable skill?

*Llyshon glances around the Inn as if looking for someone, then speaks to the Inn in general* Is the constable here? He should be made aware of this immediately. Would someone fetch him?

*He looks back to the merchant* Tell me, good gentle, have you regained enough strength to lead us to the scene? If necessary, myself or my companion here can provide you with healing and protective magics. We would be willing to offer you protection whilst you traveled with us.
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

"Oh...well um this took place yesterday. You see I was so scared by these brigands and their attack that I got lost in the woods and only just now found my way to this town. We were travelling along the main road from ports end to Tarragon and had just gone a little ways off the road to take a moments rest."

*When it is mentioned that he go back he gets a look of fear on his face and passes out from the stress, excitement, and lack of sleep.*
Rowen Kane

Post by Rowen Kane »

it is good that you found your way here, i am currently hunting the group that attacked you, i will indead see that they are brought to justice, if you have any more info i will pay for it.
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rowan, while mine eyes are not those of the forest, a boat could make the trip much faster. Shall we go together to hopefully find the remains of the attack?
Destined
Grand Magi
Lightbringer
Grand Sky Marshall
Mountain Slayer
Diplomat to Alleria
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon utters a curse under his breath and rushes forward to catch the man before his head hits the table. He tucks his arm under the man's shoulder and slips his other arm beneath the crook of his legs then lifts him up.*

Barkeep, do we have a spare bedroom for this man?
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
Rowen Kane

Post by Rowen Kane »

rooks that sounds good to me
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I believe you are a little late for this Rowen. Next time you may ask for a bit weaker drink or a few less of them. The band that attacked the man's caravan has been dealt with.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Rowen Kane

Post by Rowen Kane »

well thats what i get for drinking an whole bottle of the best and trying to find the lumpkin camp. oh well there will be other bountys to collect.
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"