Dire News
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Dire News

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon enters the Inn and his eyes rove about the room, taking stock of all that are gathered there. His appearance is disheveled, and there are bags under his eyes. He sighs heavily and raises his voice above the din of the patrons*

I have just returned from Terragon Keep and I have grim news that must be shared to all gathered here. Yesterday a large contingent of Silverthorn troops passed through this area on their way southwards. An army of Elves have amassed along our border.

War is imminent.

*He pauses and slowly scans the faces of those looking on*

As some of you are aware, tensions have been mounting between Silverthorn and the Sylvandar, largely due to the machinitions of Re'Gaul. The Knights know of this, however, many of the human nobles refuse to believe that the Elves that have been attacking people are really troops of Re'Gaul... and with the recent slaughter of innocent Elves by those masquerading as Silverthorn troops, it is doubtful that the Elves will listen to talk of subterfuge.

But listen they must.

Re'Gual's strength grows, and his plans now come to fruition. Should this war erupt, the kingdom will be in dire peril. WE CANNOT ALLOW THIS WAR TO OCCUR. Proof is needed of Re'Gaul's actions if we are to hope to stop this war from occuring.

I come to you for your aid and counsel. I have been charged by the Knighthood with averting this war and I stand before you now and urge you to action on the behalf of your King and your Kingdom. I am sure that all of you are aware of the gravity of this situation. We must come together now and work towards the greater good of Silverthorn.

Let us convene a council of all those willing to lend aid, be they Gentlefolk, ArchMagi, or peasant. Any who wish to lend their talents or skills will be welcome.

We will convene here at sunset. I have already sent messengers from the Knight Outpost to all of the villages within the area, asking them to send a representative, as well as to the Baron notifying him of our circumstances.

I hope to see all of you there.
Last edited by Sir Llyshon on Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Llyshon, you can count on me being there.
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Walks into the Inn and sees Llyshon*

You could have waited for me at Terragon. I am here to assist you, but I will need to return to Terragon to discuss some business with Baron Von Droven soon.

*Hops on the counter and begins to meditate.*
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

Anything that VLO can do, we shall.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Proactive thinking and possibly even proactive action? Will wonders never cease in this town.

*** Darthesis applauds
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Daerm
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Daerm »

*DD looks up, pauses for a second, then continues to play cards alone*

Well, there goes the neighborhood!
Daerm Doublenix
Student of the late Tee Toecrusher
"I ain't a damn gnome!!!" *shakes fist in frustration*
Mylo Fynnigan
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Mylo Fynnigan »

*Mylo gets up from lounging low behind the bar*

*there is a rare (though increasingly frequent) look of concern on his face*

I would be.......*ahem* Hmmmm.....*thoughtful look*

*thoughtful look fades*

Is there anyone wishing for a drink to help ease the taking of this dire news?

* Not waiting for an answer. Mylo hurriedly fulls a variety of cups with increasing speed, setting them in turn on the bar top. He then smiles and dashes out of the inn. As he gets to the door he pauses and flips two verlin skimming the roof of the room landing safely in the tip jar.*
Clouce
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Clouce »

*Clouce looks at Llyshon*

The red and black will assist you in any way possible, weather it be making you alchemy or fighting on the front line's. we will be there.

*looks at nyrtak*

Nyrtak, i need some assistance, if war is upon us then i need to learn how to better weild my sword so i can be more efective in battle. especaly the battles you and your companions face.
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*rooks looks over from his seat at the bar*

Heh, who would have expected my kind to have acted so swiftly. No such action has been seen since... long before my time. There may yet be some whom would listen to this one's council in the homeland. I am of mixed emotion here, but it seems that our own decisions on this matter not, it's pending doom, and with doom flies the boat of skum. Let me know what message you wish sent, and this one will find what ears it may fall upon.

-Rooks Reayvalynn
Rooks Bloodsinger Reayvalynn
Destined
Grand Magi
Lightbringer
Grand Sky Marshall
Mountain Slayer
Diplomat to Alleria
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Member of the Scribes guild
Councilman of the Mages guild
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

*Smiles at Mylo, downs one of the drinks in a single hit.

*Sigh* "It seems that I can't get away from war. If you can stop this one you can count on any of my humble skills being there to help you."
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.

Post by Guest »

Yeah! Either side need mercs?

I mean... Does Silverthorne need...

... Do the Elves need...

Does-OUR-side-need-mercs?
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari pops his head into the Inn*

What? Why would the Elves decide to attack Silverthorne after all this time? What elf has told you that forces have gathered with the intent to attack Silverthorne or have you been allowed to enter their lands? There have been skirmishes, but those do not warrant open war between the two, and even those seem to be out of the ordinary. If you are wishing to incite a war you are on the right path, if you are looking for the truth of this matter it should be looked into much deeper before deciding to start preparing ourselves for a war with Sylvan'Dar. In these times that would be just what the necromancers would want, both to be distracted with each other so that both Kingdoms efforts are focused on each other leaving them free to sneak around in the shadows and do their vile bidding.
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Solari, I do not believe Lyshon is attempting to start anything. He is know as being an elf friend. From what he says it apears to me that his goal, no his duty, is to stop this from becomeing a war. And you are right, this would be the worst possible time for such things to happen.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

I do not seek to sow rumors or spread discontent. My information has been passed down to me by Sir Frederick of the Knighthood. I have heard many good things said about you, Solari, but your words border closely upon questioning my honor, both as a Knight-Squire, and as a friend to Elves. It is clear from what you have said that you either did not hear what I first spoke, or that you were not listening. In either case, I would suggest that you discuss the matter with another member of town before you speak again.

*Llyshon holds the wood elf in his gaze for a long moment before continuing*

The hour of our council together draws nigh. Let those who desire to help gather within the common room.
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*From the doorway of the Inn*

What common room are you talking of? i would like to help in any way possible to prevent war. But i need to know where we are meeting.

*Aroura waits where she is*
Gone and Yet not gone