Registration
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Registration

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

I am starting a catalog for this town. Let it be known that should you wish your items of power to be registered with the house of knowledge I will be making myself available. Please feel free to leave me a message in my room (PM me) and I will record that which you possess in order to protect your property interest in said items. Please note that should you choose to NOT register your items, they could at some time be forfeit, in the right circumstances, for failure to show ownership. Regardless of contract or charter the only absolute way to prove ownership in an item it to have it registered with ToeVass.

Thank you
Daniel Lockheart
Head of Midway ToeVass
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Wren
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Wren »

What is the definition of "item of power" and do they have to be registered. Also is it a lengthy proses, and what is the house of tovass.
Wren of the Red and Black
Jenna
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Re: Registration

Post by Jenna »

<Jenna nearly chokes while drinking from her flask>

Register an item of power that you possess? Or risk losing it forever? Ba-LOO!

<Jenna produces a scrap of paper from her vest and begins printing as she talks>

Love tunnel, quantity one, condition...used. There. I hope that's enough detail, I hear a lot of 'em look alike. <holds aloft the scrap of paper> You want this on your bed right now or did you want to see it later?
Jenna's 8th rule: "However long it took to get f*cked up, it'll take longer to fix it."

Post by Guest »

Love Tunnels? They're all over the place! Villagers frequent them often. The caves without the trolls, that is.

One of the riskier aspects of adventuring, actually. Enter a cave seeking some honest coin and instead you find two... well, nevermind.
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Aroura looks down from the rafters*

So are you saying we have to register our items or they could be taken from us? or just register them if we are worried they could be stolen and not returned?
This seems pointless considering we had to notify Kimberlin of all our magical weapons.

*waits for responce*
Gone and Yet not gone
Daniel Lockheart

I never said taken from you. But as all will recall last year, should the question of ownership of an item ever come up, the person in possession of it shall be declared the owner, unless it is registered with the house ToeVass.

I am unaware of any "requirement" to inform the mage hunter about all magic weapons, as last I checked her jurisdiction fell on mages only, or items of charm/necromancy. But if she is requiring that, do let me know.

As far as love tunnels.. hmm, not sure that would be good for my personal health, (glances over to Darthesis...)

House ToeVass it the house of knowledge. Basically we keep records for the kingdom. Among our duties is to inspect magic items when the need arises.

By items of power I was of course referring to magic items, however, I am not sure why certain distinct items could not be placed in the record as well.

This is of course optional, and confidences will be kept in the house.
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Looks at Daniel*

Actually jurisdiction due to recent developments also includes magic items and the like, mages, and people who decide to work for necromancers and rogue mages.

As such for the next few moons when a sweep is conducted it will include the identification of all magic items to make certain these items are legal. Hense why I had two individuals assisting me with the sweep.

I guess Kathyrn Skress has not been able to inform you of such matters.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages

Post by Guest »

Two other Mage Hunters are in town assisting in the sweep?
Kimberlyn Darksbane

One of the individuals is another member of House DeVris and the other a representative from the Guild of Magi.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe

Post by Guest »

Huh. I didn't know there was another DeVris member who could detect magical things.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Ebek*

You conclude much Ebek the Avayan that either may or not be actual fact. Perhaps one should ask the question before taking such a huge leap in logic.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe
Daniel Lockheart

So, house DeVris, is now taking jurisdiction over the knowledge of all magic items. Correct me if I am wrong, but would not high levels of sense magic be able to determine if an item is either of charm or necromantic persuasion without a detailed identification? I am not skilled that high in it, but was pretty sure the "school" could be determined without necessitating identification. Hmm, seems to me there is direct mention in the Toevass Charter detailing specific rules required for identification and acquiring knowledge of Magic items, but I don't seem to see anything giving ANYONE in DeVriss this power.

Lets see... DeVris mage hunters the relevant part anyway...

The Hunters are the LAW when it comes to "rogue mages." They are now impartial judges of the mages of Silverthorn. However; just because they no longer hate rogue mages does not mean that they will not kill them if the mage refuses to join the Guild of Magi.

Now let me just check this charter for ToeVass... yes here it is...

"Members must inspect items or beings that may be of magical or historical importance."

Oh perhaps your house/branch gained this power under the Royal edict...
Hmm not seeing jurisdiction over ALL items of magic. Now the Edict of the King charged hmm no that was NOT you either... Clearly says,

"All items will be handed over to the local Archon of the Mages Guild. These items can only be handed over in the presence of a Scribe of House ToeVass who will record the item's existence and that it was handed over."

-So duty of the guild of mages and ToeVass… still not you or yours.

Perhaps I have missed a part of the law here, but seems to me a simple sense magic at a high enough level and you could tell if the item is a charm or necromantic thing. This I would believe is fully within the control of the mage hunters, even though NO mention is made of this power in the Latest Charter revisions handed out by the kingdom.

As for the Thane Magistrate, I was not aware it was not her job to do your work for you. If you were charged with the compilation of the list, why would she take it upon herself to go out and spread the word there of. Are the mage hunters now giving the orders? Or are the magistrates now the heralds of the Mage hunters?
Paladin of Order

Post by Guest »

Confrontation not needed. All on same side here, should work together.

Kimberlyn, if I must be direct, than I shall. Who is aiding you in finding and examining the magical items held by townsfolk, and in what capacity? I only ask in the interest of recording events in accurate detail for House Toevass.

Daniel, sense is made by including an enforcer figure in this quest. That we are getting our information from her is only because it is to her that we put these questions.

If Kathryn is involved, we can ask her questions, too. Quite easily, since she's in Vlo. Indeed, we probably should.

But, as Daniel said, gathering information on magical items falls well within the realm of Toevass, as well. Perhaps it ought to be involved in some capacity.

How might we be of service?
Daniel Lockheart

After speaking last Daniel walked out to the fire and returned in time to hear Ebek’s comments. He sits down and sits down with a book in his hands.

“Actually just a few moments ago I did inquire of several others to determine this identification process. I have no objection to the Mage hunters compiling this information for the betterment of the kingdom to prevent items of vile cycle breakers falling into the hands of some innocent, or the same with those nasty charm things.

I would of course request a copy of all their findings be registered with the house of ToeVass, as is our duty as keepers of such information. When Mage hunter will you be needing to "inspect" my belongings?
Paladin of Order
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn just looks at Daniel and appears unphased by the conversation.*

Daniel Lockheart, if you have issues with the statment that I made then you can take it up with the Baronial Mage Hunter Gentleman Cliff or if you prefer perhaps the Baronial Magistrate Brent DeVris can clarify matters for you.

I know what it is that I am to do and I have my instructions per my superiors. Anyone who does not comply can state their case before the Baronial Mage Hunter.

As for Kathryn Skress, she was informed of this procedure during the meeting we had with Brent DeVris. Being that you two are in the same mercinary company one would logically assume she would pass that information along to you, that is all I was stating.

*Turns to Ebek*

As for your question, as I already have stated those involved in assisting me with the scan is another member of House DeVris along with a representative from the Guild of Mages so that the items can be examined.

Does this answer both of your questions and for you Daniel Lockheart give you a starting point ono which to begin your research?
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe