An Auction
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

An Auction

Post by Darthesis »

Fidelis Pro Aurum will be placing over three dozen items up for auction this coming month on Saturday at noon. A House Mandalor member will of course be hosting it, so all legalities are assured. You also have the promise of Fidelis Pro Aurum that all items sold are exactly what they are stated to be, no more no less, excepting items of Chaos, which no one can ever really vouch for.

Items will range from items of quality, potions, scrolls, single use magical items, charged magical items, and even permanent magical items. There will even be a weapon that that can deal pure magical damage.

A preview of all these items will be made available in the weeks to come. In addition, Fidelis Pro Aurum will be accepting items that anyone else wishes to sell to add to this auction. Contact me privately for terms of this, as all items will have to be identified by Fidelis Pro Aurum at your cost. The guarantee of Fidelis Pro Aurum will be carried for all items offered in this auction. Bid with confidence as usual.
Last edited by Darthesis on Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** In the middle of the chaos over at the Jakoric house, Darthesis
*** calmly walks into the Inn, posts an addendum to his original
*** note, and then walks back over the the Jakoric location.

The items to be auctioned by Fidelis Pro Aurum via House Mandalor are as follows, later additions to the auction are still possible.

All auctions will have a starting bid as well as a reserve bid. Those auctions that do not rise to the reserve bid will be re-auctioned in another location at another date. This will be the one and only chance to purchase these items. Silent bids will be accepted prior to the auction, and the method of these silent bids will be posted by the day before the auction itself. All items are being offered at well below market price, in fact, ALL items in the auction are being offered at a lower price than could be obtained on the open market by the Head of House Mandalor himself!

Remember that a percentage of every purchase goes to help the Town fund and to hire and better outfit our guards. Plus, it buys more drinks for our famous Thane!

Items of Quality:
6 X Crossbow Bolt +1
2 X Dagger +1

Scrolls:
Repair Armor (Tier 1, repairs armor)
Repair Armor (Tier 2, repairs more armor)
Elemental Reduction Fire (Tier 2, reduces damage done from fire)
Fireball (Tier 3, a great burst of fire damaging many enemies)
Shield of Bronze (Tier 3, lowers damage done to you all day)
3X Greater Resist Air (Tier 3, resists three attacks of air nature)

Potions:

1X Toughness 4 life
3X Toughness 8 life
4X Resist Sleep, Extended
2X Raise Dead

Items of Magic:

Belt of Escape (3 charges, rechargable, 40' ladder OR glide)

Black Chaos Sword "Shadowswirl" (+1 durable longsword, swings base chaos, senses as chaos)

Nose Ring of the Beast (2 charges, NOT rechargable, +3 dam, +2 real strength, +100 nat. armor, choose to swing 10 claw)

Dagger of Lightning "Stormstrike" ( +2 silver, 2 charges, rechargable, packet 10 spell vorpal air )

Spear "Lionheart" (+2 quality, 1 resist fear / day)

Wand of Warding ( +1 ward on an item or area above normal)

Bracelet of New Beginnings (1 charge, rechargable, raise dead)

Belt of Ire (1 rage / day)

Armor of the Necksis Kings (full suit of heavy armor, rechargable, 1 charge spell armor II (40), 1 charge resist sleep)

Dagger "Blood Blade" ( +2 quality, swings for magic being dipped/doused in blood, confirmed not to be necromantic, simply animal hunger)
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis enters yet again and replaces the list with one with this
*** addendum added.

Due to many requests, here is the process for silent bids:

You may bid by giving me a note with your name, your max bid, and the item. This will be kept confidential to all people but the Mandalor representative at the auction, and any of appropriate legal standing to request the list after the auction.

If your silent bid will be below the starting bid on the auction, I will inform you at that time.

Otherwise, we will be using a maximum bid system. Your bid will be the maximum you are willing to pay for the item. The auction will start at the already decided starting bid amount for each auction. You will automatically outbid (as a confidential, silent bidder) each bid noted until either people stop outbidding you, or your max bid amount is reached. Thus you may get the item for LESS than the maximum bid you offered.

Note that the Mandalor representative will be given the notes and a list of silent bids at the start of the auction, although I will request that they keep this list confidential.

Any questions, feel free to contact me.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

*reads the posted notes*

BAA! and here I thought Darthesis and I were becoming pretty good friends, you'd think he'd ask a friend to run an auction for him. No matter I guess as long as I get my cut. Bombour! My mug, full please if you would my good man.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I do apologize Balthazar, but I was proactively approached by a member of your House, and I appreciate those who take matters into their own hands. He offered a fair deal, so I agreed. I'm not one to quibble over taxes, I hate dealing with them, but I realize they are a necessary thing and want to make sure I follow all the rules.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

Didn't see ya over there, no problem I have been planning to run auctions 2x a year since Tee came to me and asked about an auction. Perhaps I'll need to..speak.. with the members under me about this at a later time. To show no hard feelings, how about a drink on me?
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

*Daniel Walks into the inn and reads then notes, then goes to his room.*
*a few minuets later a bright light is seen from under the door, followed by a yellow colored smoke*

"coff, coff, ug"
*door opens, and a soot covered daniel emerges*

"Honestly who puts a trap on a book. That is the last time I buy discounted seconds from traveling Snail merchants! Bombar good friend, could I get a good one to wash down this *wipes black soot out of his hair which is a funky color.* stuff"
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

*finishes a quick drink and wipes a bit of the soot off, then leaves.*
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.