A note for bombour
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Post by Guest »

ALE GOOD!
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Whats this I hear?

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Sylas ducks in the door just as Mary finishes speaking*

"For starters, I do not wear Filmy Mish-Mash. And Secondly, the right girl could look good in a burlap sack! The rest is just wrappings, that keep us from the goods."

*winks at Kathryn*

"right sexy?"
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of CARPs or of the invisible men that follow him around.
Rasolin W.

Post by Rasolin W. »

*hiding her smilling face with her quill as Shax makes his "enterence". Then turns and eyes what Mary has.*

May I see as well?
Bombour Stoutbringer
The Barkeep
The Barkeep

More drinks

Post by Bombour Stoutbringer »

Bombour pours drinks for Shax, Mary, and Galen. And pours another for himself from under the bar.

"May all dwarves be happy.
And may their enemies know it!"

He drinks deep.

"Now about this hourd of Mandolin....
I've never known more than 3 or 4.
Is this considered a hourd?
maybe the way orcs count?
One, Two, Smith, Hourd?"

Bombour scratches his head and drink deeply.

"Here's to spring. May she visit us soon."

He drinks again, smiling.

"Someone make sure I get invited to this years celebration. I have something to ask her."

Bombour drinks again and then sits behind the bar waiting for more drink orders.

"To Nightsong. May he be happy.
And may his fucking enemies know it!"
comes from behind the bar quietly.
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."

Bombour Stoutbringer Kings-Brewer of the Draconis Clan

Head of the Foodstuff & Brewers Guild
Head of the Luxury Items Guild
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*smiles and winks at Sylas*

Some women need the silks to look pretty, and some need nothing at all. But every woman loves the sight of a pretty thing, and wearing it is even better.

*looks with interest at Mary*
So, are you gonna show us? or just tease us?

*to Bombor*
You sound as if Nightsong has left us....?
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Bombour Stoutbringer
The Barkeep
The Barkeep

Nightsong

Post by Bombour Stoutbringer »

Bombour stands up and calls for silence in the bar. He is drunker than anyone here has ever seen him. When it is quiet he takes a drink and says:

"Nightsong has indeed left us. His life was threatened by a weak fool who sent an assassin to kill him. So he fled, and I have lost the best bartending partner I've ever had, and the bar has lost a source for Elvish wine. Look for a price increase. I've got to haul it back from Ports End or somewhere else now. I appoligise for any inconvience to those who enjoy the Wine of the Evles. And now a toast to Nightsong:

Here's to Nightsong.
One of the best friends, partners, drinking companions I'll ever have.
May his enemy live long enough to know the satisfaction of Nightsongs success. To Nightsong! And may shite fall on the head of his enemy."

Bombour sits back down behind the bar and sings quietly to himself.
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."

Bombour Stoutbringer Kings-Brewer of the Draconis Clan

Head of the Foodstuff & Brewers Guild
Head of the Luxury Items Guild
Dietrich Krankheight

Post by Dietrich Krankheight »

*walking in with Arienna in tow as Bombour speaks his toast to Nightsong and smiles*

I'd drink to that if someone would buy me a drink. I know I shall miss his wine and his wit, Midway is .... lessened by his departure.

*turning to Kathryn* well wifey, I must be off to visit Vannaphasuk and my parents and the council as well, I shouldn't be gone more than a day or two. Now c'mere and give us a kiss and I shall be back faster if it's a good one *winking*
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

Mary, I think that Sylas has the right of it, as a member of the sensualist guild the wrapping is normally is not what people come there for.*Sidles up next to her* But if you would like a better... understanding of the guild I would be happy to give you a lesson or two.

Hmmm Bombour you say you will need a source for Elvish wine, mayhaps I can try to procure some from Ports End when I travel there. Seems that I should probably make my home here in Midway, *considers for a moment* but the soothing sound of the surf be not heard here. Maybe for now I will just continue to keep a room here in Midway and one in Port's End. Baah, anyway let me know if I can be of any help to you.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Dimack

walking from a corner

Post by Dimack »

Upon hearing Bombards toast to Night, Dimack cloaked and hooded walks over to the side of the bar so as to speak quietly to the Dwarf. Those who look clostly may notice a slight shuffel in his usual stride. He wispers something to the bar keep.

-Diamck
Shax Torus

Post by Shax Torus »

*Shax takes the mug gratefully and tips it back as Bombour finishes his toast to Nightsong*

That is horrible to hear indeed, that someone would think ill and wish harm onto such a wonderfuly individual as Nightsong. I hope his travels contain little hardship.
I also would like to state that I am going to do my best to find the party, or parties, responsible for his leaving. I believe that I will have some "words" for them.

First Sylas now Balthazar.........Manwhores. Ah well, I guess it would be silly to think that those two sexy hunks of whatever wouldn't be for "sale" soon. By the way whats the going rate on a stud like Balz anyway? If hes gonna be livin in town, I may want to hire him to plant some "tulips".

*As he goes to take his next drink he cannot contain his own laughter and begins to laugh, choke, and generally make a mess of the table and area around him.*

Well blast! Looks like I am gonna be needin a refill sooner than expected. At least I am not drinkin that froo froo stuff, sounds like it would cost me an arm and a leg, in addition to my pride.
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

In my package

Post by Mary Baker »

Well, well. I had no idea so many men wanted to see what was in my package! And the ladies too!

*Mary winks at Sylas and reaches for the freshly poured drink. She takes a healthy swig and raises her glass in thanks towards Bombour. Setting the glass down she twists around and looks at Sylas*

You know I mean no offense to you and your "filmy mish-mash" *She bats an eyelash* It's just that I was referring to what was under a girl's skirt. But truly gentlemen, I think that Kathryn's long standing persistence grants her the first peek at my package!

*Mary sits near Kathryn and opens the package to reveal a chocolate brown corner of material, with thread-of-silver woven in.*
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Lessons...

Post by Mary Baker »

Balthazar, I had no idea you were a professor of such arts. As one so familiar with yardage, maybe you'd like to see what's in here as well?

*wink wink, nudge nudge*
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn ooo's and ahhh's over the fabric*

That really does look quite pretty. What are you going to make from it?

*Smiles when her husband enters the inn, and rises when he requests the kiss*

My darling, you know I can never say no to a kiss!

*rises on tiptoes and gives him a good, long kiss right there in the middle of the inn*
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Arienna
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Arienna »

*Her eyes grow somewhat wider at the news of Nightsong's leaving and the consequent drying of the Elvish wine well.*

"Oh..."
Dietrich Krankheight

Post by Dietrich Krankheight »

*returning aforementioned kiss*

Ah, definately must hurry back *smiles*

*taking Arienna's hand* and we are off.

*a small pop as the air where the two of them were standing rushes to fill the new void*